14: Good Night. Good Night?

"So you are telling me that you have no clue about what these people wrote?" The president of Bighit Music, Lee Hyuk-Jae, also known as Eunhyuk, asks him. Eunhyuk is a kind man. He was a popular singer when he was as young as the members of KX5 but then he got into a severe accident. It took a lot of time for him to get better and still he can't dance or run because his legs don't work normal anymore. Because of this, he had to gradually give up on his career. He later got married to Lee Donghae, the CEO of Bighit Music and HYBE corporation and devoted himself to the company and the artists.

"I didn't do anything, Mr. Lee. Please trust me." Taehyung pleads. He tries to control his tears, not wanting to cry in front of the president. In the meeting room, there are Eunhyuk, Namjoon and the head of the PR department of the company along with Taehyung to discuss about the rumour regarding Taehyung.

"I do trust you, Taehyung." Eunhyuk says. He trusts his artists way more than those stupid haters online. He has also known Taehyung since the idol was twelve years old. He has seen him grow up and he hasn't once got to know about any complaints from the school or random people. Why now?

"Mr. Lee, could it perhaps be a tactic to defame Taehyung?" Namjoon asks. The president nods his head, "It could be. The other companies are watching us like a hawk since KX5 got so famous. Some of them are even ready to play dirty tricks to defame our group instead of focusing on their own artists." The president says.

"But the matter has spread like wildfire now and we need to run an investigation soon to prove that Taehyung is not at fault." The head of the PR department, Park Seojoon says. The president and the manager agree to it.

An investigation? Taehyung's heartbeat quickens as he hears the word. Does this mean they'll get to know about-

"Taehyung, we're going to find out who are the people behind these tweets. If they think that we won't be able to track them down just because they delete the tweets, they are so wrong." Seojoon says with a smirk. "We'll be talking to the teachers from your high school and also contact your friends. Let's hope we solve this problem soon." The words of the PR head are assuring but there is something else that's bothering the young idol.

"Why don't you go back to the dorm and relax, Taehyung?" Eunhyuk suggests kindly. Taehyung nods and gets up from his seat. He bows to the president and the PR head and walks out of the meeting room. Namjoon follows him outside.

"Hey, Tae!" The younger turns around and looks at his manager. "Stay away from the internet for today, yeah?" Namjoon suggests.

"Is there a lot of hate? Are people trashing me?" Taehyung asks worriedly.

"You know that people crave drama in their life, Taehyung-ah. They don't fucking care about the truth as long as they are getting entertained. They just want a reason to hate on people who are more successful than them. You need to ignore that." The manager places his hands on the younger's shoulders and looks at him with a soft gaze.

"I know, hyung. It's just that nothing like this ever happened to me or any of our members. I never thought suddenly one day people will turn their backs on me like this." Taehyung's voice is full of sadness.

"Your real fans would never turn their backs on you, Tae. Don't worry about anything. It will all be fine as long as you are not the one at fault. Your fans love you. Everyone would come around when the truth is revealed. The company has faith in you. So you should have some faith in the company as well. We will pull you out of this crap. I promise." Namjoon says. Taehyung smiles a little. He is glad and thankful that at least he has his members and Namjoon in his life. Jungkook is a new addition too.

"Go ahead and rest. I'll keep you updated with the necessary details." The manager instructs him. Taehyung nods and leaves the office after telling his hyungs about it. The things that are going on with Taehyung make the other KX5 members worried as well.