32: Without Him

Times flies.

You don't even realise how minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, days into weeks, weeks into months and months into years.

The same way, two years pass by in a jiffy without anyone even realising. It's been seven years since KX5 debuted. They are still the biggest boy band in the world and their fandom is growing constantly. All the top brands in the world want to have them as their brand ambassadors. But they are KX5. Even getting an interview with them requires months of patience.

And for their fans, don't even ask how much of a struggle and stress it is to book their tickets. But still, KX5 is the best thing that happened to many people and for the group, meeting each other and working together is the only thing they can think of. Imagining life without their members is hard for them.

But all the good things come to an end. And so will the era of KX5. Their contract with BigHit Music will be ending this year and one of the members has decided not to renew his contract with the agency which led to other members reconsidering their own plans.

"Come on, Taehyung-ah. I thought you liked working with us." Jimin says, looking at his best friend with desperation in his eyes. No one wants any of their member to leave the group. They cannot imagine continuing without their maknae. KX5 is five.

"Like is an understatement, hyung. I love working with you all." Taehyung says sincerely.

"Then what is the problem?" Yoongi asks. All the members are shocked by his decision. They have tried convincing Taehyung so many times but it seems like Taehyung has taken a decision for himself and he doesn't want to step away from it.

"Look hyungs, KX5 is one of the best things that ever happened to me." The maknae says. The other best thing that happened to him was meeting Jungkook. But the barista who saved his life is a distant memory now. It's been two years since he left but Taehyung can't help but think about him. Those beautiful memories are still fresh in his mind.

"Then what the fuck is the problem, Tae?" Chanyeol asks, getting pissed already.

"I think every good thing has to come to an end one day. A day would come when all of us would not be able to perform anymore. We won't be able to dance as fast and as energetically. Some of our fans would move on from us. This industry will end us since it's such a fast moving industry. But before someone else ends my career as an idol, I want to do it myself." Taehyung says. All the members look at him with a weird expression. Not only does Taehyung want to quit KX5, he also wants to stop being an idol.

"Taehyung, you are just twenty two, not forty two that you will have to worry about all this." Baekhyun says.

"But that is not the only reason why I want to quit though."

"Then whats the other reason?" Namjoon asks.

"I need to take a break from all this so that..." Taehyung closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before continuing, "So that I can focus on my... t-treatment."

"Treatment?" The other four members and the manager exclaim in unison.

"What treatment are you talking about, Tae?" Jimin asks, eyes wide in horror.

"I... I am s-suffering from MDD, hyungs."

~~••~~

Taehyung sits in front for his father and step mother on the dining table. Hoseok is out on a business trip and that makes Taehyung panic. His step brother always takes his side when his parents try to be mean to him but today he is not here and his parents asked him to be present at the dinner.