43: Hope

"Long time no see, Jay Kay." Hoseok greets his friend with a hug.

"Been a little busy, hyung. How are you?" Jungkook asks. The two friends have decided to have breakfast together since it's been a while they casually hung out without the involvement of business and deals.

"I'm good. Order whatever you want to eat. I'm paying." The older of the two says while scanning the menu himself.

"Woah, what's special today?" Jungkook asks picking up the menu.

"Nothing really. I want to talk to you about stuff. Also I asked you to meet and I am older so I should pay." Hoseok says. Now Jungkook is not going to say no to free food. After sometime, they place their orders. They talk about some random stuff for a while before Hoseok asks, "How's Taehyung doing?"

Jungkook raises his eyebrows at him, wondering why the other CEO is asking him that. "He is fine, I guess. Why are you asking me anyway?" Jungkook asks.

"Why can't I ask you? Aren't you guys close?"

"We are. But you could just call him yourself." Jungkook says, wondering if Hoseok knows about him and Taehyung getting back together. Jungkook hasn't told about this to anyone except Chaerin. He wants to tell Seokjin about it but he wonders how he would react. He would surely get yelled at by him, remembering how he had told him not to decide for Taehyung but he still did and left him behind.

"I could. But we are not really talking." Hoseok says and sighs. Usually Hoseok is a very happy and smiley person so seeing him sad makes Jungkook think if something seriously wrong happened.

"Why? What happened?"

"Uhh... Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you about. But first you need to tell me why you didn't tell me you and Taehyung were a thing when we first met in Japan?" Hoseok asks, raising an eyebrow. Jungkook stays quiet because the waitress comes to serve the food. Once she is gone, he continues.

"I... I knew you were his elder brother, hyung." Jungkook gulps. Hoseok can see that the younger is feeling embarrassed at the moment.

"I was too ashamed to face you after all that I did with your brother. But then you were so kind and welcoming towards me and you became my only friend when I had no one in Japan so I.. I became selfish and thought that if I told you about me and Taehyung, you would be mad at me and I would be left alone again." Jungkook doesn't look at Hoseok while saying all this.

"At first I thought that Taehyung must have told you about it but when I came to know that he didn't, I thought I should let it be. I'm so sorry." The younger gulps and looks at Hoseok who is looking at him with kind eyes.

"Maybe it wasn't as complicated as you and Taehyung made it." Hoseok says shaking his head. By now, Jungkook knows that too.

"I am sorry, hyung. I guess I was too dumb and-"

"No, you weren't exactly dumb. You made a decision and went to Japan to get your CEO training and that made you what you are today so that decision wasn't entirely wrong maybe." Hoseok says, showing the the positive side to Jungkook. Well, that's how Jung Hoseok is. He is a very positive person and he likes to spread optimism and happiness around himself.

"I guess you're right." Jungkook says and takes a bite from his food before continuing, "But why aren't you and Taehyung talking?"

Hoseok sighs deeply and starts, "Actually, he cut ties with our parents or I should rather say, with his father and my mother." Hoseok tells him whatever happened on the night of the dinner after he left. When Hoseok had reached home that night, he had heard Kim Heechul screaming his lungs out about how useless and pathetic Taehyung is and how he doesn't need a worthless son like Kim Taehyung because he is nothing but a slut.