Rollerskating- Haneen x Miguel

Requested by: @DeanLewisGurl

Prompt: Haneen watches Miguel roller skate, and asks Miguel to teach her.  

Haneen's POV

I watched a Mexican guy skate around like a professional person. I had to take Qasim to the park today to play soccer with his friends. I'd brought my book, The Life of John F. Kennedy (i picked that title out of nowhere), but watching this dude was much more interesting. He skated around and around, so much that I got slightly dizzy watching him. 

I wished I could learn, but I didn't have time. Between studies and religion and family and friends: rollerskating just didn't fit into my schedule. Besides, I didn't want to ruin my dress. Or trip. Or- 

" Hey, were you watching me?" 

Miguel's POV

That girl had been watching me for a while now. 

She had been wearing a very pretty dress and a white hijab. But her best feature was her eyes. Her eyes were big and blue, and they watched me skate. She was really pretty- I couldn't deny it, no matter how hard I tried. 

But I'd come here to skate, not stare at girls. 

After a few more minutes of watching, I walked over to the girl. She had been fake-reading her thick book like a million pages long. I was impressed with her ability to do read for so long. 

" Hey, were you watching me?" I asked her. 

" Oh, um-" she stammered, but I cut her off. 

" Do you want to learn how to roller skate? I could teach you," I smile at her. Big smile. 

The girl hesitates. " Okay. But first, what's your name?" 

" I'm Miguel," I tell her. 

" Haneen," she smiles. 

I hold out my hand, and she takes it.