The Frozen Aisle- Jordan x Colleen

Before we start, just wanna give a huge thank you to Colleenflickerr, who requested this ship!

Jordan's POV 

I entered Safeway and grabbed a cart. I'd been to a supermarket before- of course, I had, I wasn't living under a rock- but never this particular one. I always went to Walmart or Target or whatever. But this place was fresh and new to me. 

My name is Jordan, and I've lived in Boston, Massachusetts my whole life. I grew up in a place where everyone knew everyone. The whole town knew who I was, what I liked, and what I didn't. Every year, for every holiday, we had each other over for lunch or dinner. I was best friends with the kids that lived on the same street as me. My mom was friends with their moms. This place was my home. 

But now that I'm sixteen, I need to navigate through this monstrosity- otherwise known as the new Safeway- and hopefully, be able to get the stuff my mom needs to make dinner tonight. We plan on having roast beef with mashed potatoes- my favorite. 

I made my way through the aisles, confused. Why were the fruit and vegetables at complete opposite ends of the store? Why was the vegan ice cream right next to the pizza crusts? Is vegan ice cream even a thing? What on earth was happening?!

Colleen's POV 

Even though I'll never admit it, but the local Safeway is kind of like my second home. I know, it's so weird. But I adore Safeway. Every clerk, assistant, and stocker knows me. They always say hi. And I say hi back. 

Inside the world, I seem like I just don't make sense. Everyone talks to everyone, except for me. I'm just the one on the sidelines, off to the side. Nobody cares about Colleen Mitchell. I'm just a nobody. And when people make me feel that way, my heart cracks in two. 

But at Safeway, no matter who you are or what you look like, you make sense. I'm there because I need food for my family and me, and so does everyone else. I know every part of Safeway like I know the color of my hair. I've walked around the whole place with my eyes closed. 

But as I'm getting some waffles, I notice a girl. She's got her hair in two brown buns, the same color as mine. Her eyes are blue, and her white off the shoulder crop top is perfectly matched with her jean shorts. She looks confused, so I decide to go talk to her. 

Jordan's POV 

" Um, hi," said a voice quietly. 

I look up. There's a girl with brown hair and green eyes. Her red tank top is the same color as her red shorts. Red headphones are around her neck. She's super pretty, but I don't say so. 

" Hi!" I put on a smile. 

" Erm, you looked confused. Do you need any help?" 

"Yes," I replied, not believing my luck. " I need to find the potatoes." 

" Oh, I know where those are! Follow me!" 

So I followed the girl past the various fruit displays, ice creams, and loaves of bread when we finally arrive at the vegetable section.  There's, like, 20 different vegetables. 

" Here you are!" 

" Wow, thank you! What's your name?" I asked her. 

Her cheeks turn pink. " Colleen Mitchell." 

" Nice to meet you! I'm Jordan Smet," I smiled. 

" Well, see you around, Jordan Smet," Colleen said softly. 

I liked it when she said my name. 

" See you around, Colleen Mitchell." 

And that was that.