Library Parking Lot- Omar x Cody

Before we start, just wanna give a huge thank you to xXxwhy_whyxX, who requested this ship! 

Cody's POV 

" Now, don't you leave this spot until I get back, understood?" said my older sister, Halona. 

" Yes, Halona," I said. " Just be quick." 

Halona smiled, kissed my cheek, and raced inside the brick building.

Hi, my name is Cody. That girl in the striped top is my older sister, Halona. She needed to return a book, so I'm just waiting for her in this library parking lot. I hope she comes back quickly because she promised me Starbucks. I love Starbucks, especially this Caramel Apple Frappuccino I was currently obsessing over. 

I rested my head on the car door and closed my eyes. Nice and chill. I peeked open one eye and noticed that there was a key inside the car next to me. It was a white Honda with a little tree thingy everyone likes hanging from their review mirror(Halona doesn't. She thinks it's ugly). 

I took the key out of the car door and ran inside the building. I made my way to the front desk, praying Halona didn't notice me. She'd think something was wrong. I got a sticky note off a thick pad on the front counter and a pen. I wrote, 

Hi! I found these keys on the door of a white Honda next to my sister's black Lexus. My name is Cody and my number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. 

I ran back to the car and hoped the person found their keys. 

Omar's POV 

I grabbed one more book off the shelf. Okay, now I'm ready. 

My name is Omar, and I'm a bookworm. I go to the library every three days to return my old books and get new ones. I'm a fast, good reader. People often told me. I'd say thank you, but I was inwardly rolling my eyes. Like I didn't notice that I was a fast reader. 

I brought the books to the front desk and waited for a lady to check them out. As she was checking them out under my account, I noticed my car keys and a little note. I gasped loudly. The lady looked up, but I smiled quickly. She smiled back and went back to checking out my books. 

I tucked the keys and the note in my pocket. When I got back into my car, I read the note. Apparently, a guy named Cody had found my keys in my car next to his sister's Lexus. Woah. Thank god he noticed. He also put his number, so I decided to call him back when I got home. 

When I got home, I put my books away, ran upstairs, and locked myself in my bedroom. I dialed his number and prayed he picked up. 

At the third ring, I heard a voice. " Hello?" 

" Hi! I'm the owner of the white Honda from the library today." 

" Oh! Hi! Did you get your keys?" 

" Yes, and I just called to say thank you," I told him. 

" Well, it was thoughtful of you to call me!" he said. I could hear his happiness through the phone. 

" It was thoughtful of you to make sure I found my keys. My name is Omar, by the way." 

" Nice to meet you, Omar!" 

Silence. 

" Okay, well, I should go. Thanks again." I smiled. 

" No problem!" he replied. 

I hung up, hoping that I'd see him again. Because I was going to call him every single day, to say good morning and even see him in person. I would take him out for coffee and we'd laugh and talk and become friends. 

That was my dream. And three long days later, my dream became reality.