Flower Crowns- Mila x Kim-ly

Everyone knew Kim-ly Smith. Everyone. There wasn't a person in Valentine, Texas that didn't know who she was. Everyone always said hi, and even if she wore a disguise, everyone would know. 

Why you may ask? 

Because of her flower crowns. If you went to the public garden, to the old oak tree, then Kim-ly Smith would be sitting there, surrounded by flowers and looking like there was no place she'd rather be. She'd make gorgeous flower crowns and give them to little girls. The little girls would bring her a bunch of flowers, and she'd turn it into a crown to wear home and the moms would say, " Oh, yOu LoOk sO pReTtY, sWeEtHeArT!" 

Everyone loved her. 

cHaNgE oF sCeNe

Mila finished unpacking the last box and collapsed onto her new bed. She'd just moved to Valentine and was exhausted out of her mind. Mila was a very pretty girl with skin the color of light milk chocolate and caramel-colored hair. She always wore a pair of ninja green jeans, a black tube top, and a golden necklace hung around her neck like it made her look even prettier than she already did. 

Mila set off to explore the town. It was quiet, yet loud. Everyone knew everyone else. Mila felt a little left out, but she brushed it off and went into the forest behind a cappuccino place. 

The dirt road was tan and warm. It made Mila feel a bit more at home. She continued along the dirt road to see where it would lead her. 

After about five minutes, she found a light at the end of the path. She ran to the light, hoping it was something awesome when she found...

The Flower Garden. 

Mila stared around in surprise. Surely there was something better than just a bunch of plants. But as Mila walked down a cobblestone path that lead her through the garden, she discovered that the only thing this dirt road held was flowers. 

Mila continued along the path, admiring the beautiful assorted roses, tulips, and violets. It smelled gorgeous, like, um...a flower garden. But it smelled beautiful. As Mila approached the old oak tree, she found Kim-ly, with her long black braid and a white tank top. 

" Um, hi!" said Mila. 

" Hello! Would you like a flower crown?" she asked cheerily. 

" Sure!" Mila said, both a little shocked and relieved at the response. She picked out some white roses and gave them to Kim-ly, and she began her white rose crown. 

" So, what's your name?" asked Mila. 

" Kim-ly Smith," she responded, without an ounce of hesitation. 

" Do you charge people for flower crowns?" 

" Goodness no. It's fun. I do it to make little kids happy. That's my payment," Kim-ly replied, seeming a little offended by the question. 

" Oh," said Mila. " That's nice. You must have a big heart to do that." 

" Well, it's just stringing flowers together. It's nothing special. Oh, and your flower crown's done!" Kim-ly said, placing the flower crown on Mila's head. 

" Thank you! It's gorgeous!" Mila gushed. 

" Thanks," Kim-ly said, turning a little pink. 

For the rest of the afternoon, the two girls talked about their favorite hobbies, their favorite books, their favorite foods, anime, food, and just about everything on Earth. Pretty soon, Kim-ly was getting sleepy. She yawned and rested her head on Mila's shoulder, which was leaned against the tree trunk. A little tickled by the reaction, Mila rested her head on Kim-ly's and closed her eyes. 

Mila knew that Kim-ly was going to be a lot more than just a friend.