Standing Up- Alex x Vinny

TW- Disease, Past tense Death

 Thank you to 

Alex's POV

" Why don't you talk, Lover Boy?" asked the big senior jockey. 

I didn't answer, because if I answered, I'd explode. My girlfriend passed away because of cancer, and instead of offering condolences, I got picked on for ever dating her. She was never popular, but she was my light, and I loved her, and she made me happy...

" Oh, his voice exists as much as his girlfriend. Oh, sorry, more like your ghostfriend," giggled his girlfriend. 

" Why don't you shut up!" I yelled, shoving her against the lockers. She immeadiately began to bleed, but I didn't care. 

" Oh, you wanna go, Lover Boy?" asked the big senior jockey.

" If you're going to talk about Giselle like that, then sure, we can go," I snarled. 

Vinny's POV

" That won't be necessary," I interjected between the fight. " Because, Jake, you're going to shut your ass about his girlfriend or you answer to the entire baseball team." 

Jake recoiled. He knows that I'm friends with everyone on the baseball team because my dad was the best coach they ever had. " Damn, sorry," he muttered before walking off. 

I turned around to see Alex, tears in his eyes, muttered a small " thanks" before walking away and out of the building. I blinked, and followed him.  He walked all the way to the empty beach five minutes from school and took a seat in the sand. I sat down next to him and waited for him to notice me. 

When he didn't, I asked, " Who is Giselle?"

He jumps when he sees me, but he sighs. " My girlfriend. She died last year from cancer and..." 

" I'm sorry," I said quietly. " That really sucks." 

" Yeah," he muttered. 

" Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked. 

" No, but thank you," he said, his voice a little louder. He smiled. 

We sat there talking for a little while before we decided to walk back to school. I got in trouble, but I didn't care. I made a new friend. Maybe even more...

im no good at writing boy x boy romance for some reason, i'll try to improve :(

love you guys! 

xoxo, Athena/Val