Getting a Lift- Jane x Adora

Requested by: FloridaEevee

Adora's POV

I stood there in the cold rain, trying to remember how to call an Uber. Adam had taught me, but I couldn't remember. I was at a restaurant with my friends, and it was getting kind of dark and I really wanted to make it back to my apartment so I could study for my first period Math quiz tomorrow. 

Then it hit me like a rock. I pulled out my phone and quickly used the Uber app to get the nearest Uber. Thank god for phones. When I got to Earth at first, I didn't even know what a phone was. Now I can't imagine my life without one. 

Your Uber will be here very shortly. said the screen. 

Pretty soon, an Uber pulled up next to me and I climbed in. The driver, a lady with short blond hair under a beanie (about my age in human years), smiled at me. She had a very pretty smile. 

" Hi! Where do you want me to take you?" she said. " I'm Jane, by the way." 

" I'm Adora. Do you know where Parkside Apartments are?" I asked her. 

" Indeed I do. I actually live there!" she said excitedly. " Maybe we're neighbors." 

It was only ten minutes away, but we non-stop chatted the whole way there. Her laugh, her smile, the way she moved the steering wheel with her gorgeous painted nails, made me want to know more about her. Turns out we love a bunch of the same stuff. She was so perfect and pretty- 

Ew, what am I doing? It's not like I like her or anything! 

After ten glorious minutes, we arrived at Parkside Apartments. When I got out, so did she. 

" I'm all finished for the night," she told me. " Want to come over?" 

" Of course. But you can keep the car overnight?" 

" Perks of the job." 

We sat in her apartment for hours, drinking hot cocoa, watching movies, and just talking, talking, talking. When I got back to my apartment, my phone said 4:07 am. But a failed first period Math quiz was worth it for Jane. Way more than worth it. 

Okay, maybe I like her just a tiny bit.