Missed Class- Odette x Lukey

Just wanna give a big thank you to Odette_flicker, who requested this ship! 

Odette's POV 

I quickly made my way through the crowded hallway and burst into my classroom. I noticed that I had a bit of time to kill, so I sat down at my desk and chilled. It was hard to be on top, especially since how much pressure my parents put on me to be "perfect". But I can't be perfect. Nobody is. I don't understand why my parents expect me to be. 

My name is Odette Stallworth, and I was early for class, so I was chilling in my seat and thinking about my personal life. My younger siblings, Ariana and Dave, are expected to learn from me. But I'm only 15! I don't want to be a teacher! I want to be a librarian, and sell books to readers like me. 

Now, if only the bell would just ring. 

Lukey's POV 

I ran as fast as I could into the classroom and slid into my seat just before the bell rang. I noticed that sitting in front of me, was a long, silky haired brunette with huge blue eyes. She was probably the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. 

The bell had rung five minutes ago, and nobody had shown up except for me and the girl. I decided to start a conversation with her, and maybe the teacher would hear us and remember that he has to show up for class and not drink a million cups of coffee in the teachers' lounge. 

" Um, hi!" I said. 

She turned around and smiled. " Hi!"

" So, um, my name is Lukey," I blurted out and kicked myself under my desk. Real smooth, Lukey! 

" Nice to meet you, Lukey! I'm Odette," Odette said. 

A pretty name for a pretty girl. 

Odette's POV 

The class was supposed to start 15 minutes ago, but I'd like it if it didn't start at all. This guy had also come in early, so we were just talking. It was great. He didn't even ask about my grades or call me perfect, not as my other classmates did. He was wonderful. 

His name was Lukey, he had sparkly brown hair and some black glasses. His smile made you feel like anything you did was a good thing. That was a trait I loved most about him. He was so nice and so easy to talk to, and he talked to me like a regular person, not a supermodel. 

Suddenly, a hall supervisor came into the classroom. 

" Odette and Lukey, what on earth are you doing in the Math classroom? For the past twenty minutes, your classmates have been in English. Is there a schedule change I am unaware of?" Ms. Lee asked. 

" No, Miss Lee. We just got confused. We're so sorry," I apologized, packing up my things. 

But I didn't mean one word. Because I met Lukey. And twenty minutes of English class was worth it.