No Harm- Mike x Indah

Indah's POV

I walked down the narrow alleyway around 10:30 pm with my flashlight. The sky was full of stars, just the way I like it! The ghosts like this weather too. Maybe I could see one and show my classmates and teachers and principal how wrong they were. But that day was probably not today. Maybe one day...

Suddenly, I heard rustling in the bushes. I gasped and turned around. I shone my flashlight on the bush and stepped closer. Was today the day that I find a ghost and prove the world wrong? Then I can move out of this small town and be with people who actually want me there. The family I live with are nice enough- but they only feed me. They don't do anything else. 

I was about to reach out and see, but then I heard a " BOO!" behind me. I jumped and crashed to the cement floor. Ow, ow, ow. Everything hurt. My vision blurred with tears. I could feel something sticky on my face. Was it blood? 

" Oh my gosh!" said the ghost, kneeling down. " Are you alright?" 

Shaking with fear, I nod my head. There is a ghost in front of me, with dark hair and a white shirt with black pants. He looks legitimately concerned about me. But do I trust him? 

" Are you sure?" he asks. " Please be honest with me." 

I shake my head. Tears leak down my face. 

" Hey, don't cry," he says softly, putting his arm around me. I cry into my hands. " What hurts?" 

I sniffle. I feel like a little kid. " Um, my ankle," I say quietly. " It really hurts. I fell on it funny, and it really hurts." 

" Okay. Well, where do you live?" he asked. 

" I- um..." 

Where do I live? I lived with that family, but I'd never bothered with getting their address. Shaking, I removed my phone from my pocket to find that I'd gotten three texts from Eva (my adoptive mom) and Ben (my adoptive dad) 

Eva, 10:43pm- Indah, where are you? 

Eva, 10:56pm- Indah, I'm worried. Where are you? 

Ben, 11:02pm- Indah, come home this instant. We are so worried. 

" So Indah is your name?" asked the ghost. " That's a beautiful name." 

" Thank you," I whisper. " What's yours?" 

" Mike," he tells me. " You should be getting home now. Should I walk you home?" 

" Promise you won't hurt me?" I ask him. 

" I mean no harm. I just want you home. No harm?" He extends his hand, and I take it. 

" No harm," I agree. 

" No harm," he says. 

And we walk home under the stars.