Smart- Elaina x Joshua

(Before we start, I just wanna let you guys know that I'm aware that Joshua is confirmed to be gay, but in my story he's straight. I think him and Elaina go adorable together!)

I entered the science room and slid into my seat. The middle of the front row, with nobody else in the row. Just the way I like it! My classmates start to file into the classroom, acting like the complete idiots they are. I roll my eyes and flick a piece of hair off my shoulder. 

" There goes the nerd again, sitting in the front row," giggled Jordan, one of the popular girls. 

" Yeah, such a show-off. It's only a matter of time until she finds out that the brain she thought she had is non-existent!" giggled her stupid friend Jo. 

I purposely looked away. I understood that people teased me about wanting to get good grades, sitting in the front row, and always raising my hand. I used to not really care, but lately the comments have been bothering me. It's annoying how they're always there to make a rude comment on everything about me. 

" Alright, class! Someone new is coming to our classroom. He's from the regular science room, so please be sure to make him feel welcome," said our teacher, Mr. Gardener. 

Okay, might as well explain. At our school, so many people scored so high, that the school made an advanced science class and a regular science class. People that had over 100(yes, that exists) went to the advanced science class. Heck, if there was an advanced class for every class, I'd be in all of them. 

Suddenly, a blond boy with a gray jacket strolled into the room. He had blue eyes and seemed chill about being in the advanced group. How could he make a nerd seem not nerdy? I could feel my cheeks heat up for some reason. Maybe it was the heat. Yeah, definetly the heat. I took a sip of my water to cool myself off. 

" Hi, I'm Joshua," said the blond boy. 

" You can sit next to Elaina. She's the girl in the front row," Mr. Gardener told Joshua. 

" Cool. Thanks, Mr. Gardener," Joshua smiled at him. 

He slid into the seat next to me. I felt a little bit calmer. I got my black hair into a bun and relaxed a little. 

After a little while into the lesson, I raised my hand to answer a question. But as I was answering, everyone just started randomly talking. Like they were talking over me on purpose so I wouldn't be heard. I hunched my shoulders and felt my face heat up again. 

" HEY!" said Joshua loudly. Everyone stopped. " She's talking!" 

I shot Joshua a grateful look. He mouthed 'No problem' to me. I felt the way when you have a bunch of energy but you don't know what to do with it. I smiled. I could get used to Joshua. 

As we were leaving class for lunch, Joshua said, " Hey, wanna sit with me and my friends? They're super cool." 

I smiled. " Sure," 

I entered the cafeteria and Joshua beckoned me over to his friends. A few girls, some boys, all acting like nothing was wrong. They seemed close, like everyone knew everyone else. I felt like the letter in an envelope: safe, but a little nervous. 

(I know envelopes don't have feelings, but leave me alone ok) 

" Hey, guys, this is Elaina. D'you mind if she sits with us?" Joshua told the group. 

They all looked up, smiled, and nodded. 

" Hi!" said one of them as I took out my sandwich. She was an alien, and in my Math class. This, I knew, was Adora. One of the few kids that was friendly to me. 

" Hey," I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich. 

" You're really good at Math. I've seen your tests, when I pass the graded ones out, yours are all perfect," Adora said shyly. 

" Oh! Thank you," I said. I usually got a reaction like, " Nerd" or " Know-It-All" or "Suck-Up". 

Hanging out with Joshua and his friends was amazing. They were all so sweet to me. Not the fake sweet, the real sweet. Like that was how they acted to everyone they met. And they were funny. Not like, the offensive funny, but the laughing funny. I loved them. 

As I was walking to Language Arts, the mean girls started giggling. 

" Hey, Nerd! Did you forget your brain in the toilet?" asked Jo. 

" Nah, she forgot how to talk. Her mouth must've been attached to her brain." 

My eyes watered. They really knew where to get me in the heart. Suddenly, like magic, Joshua appeared. He walked over to me, and said, " Ladies, you're interrupting our business. Excuse me,"

And then the unthinkable happened. 

He pulled me into a kiss. 

Everyone gasped. Adora and Joshua's friends were squealing like they'd always wanted this to happen, and the popular girls looked like they were going to cry. Oh, and I forgot to mention, every girl in school liked Joshua. 

When he let me go, I smiled, took his hand, and walked to class. 

Together.