Lost - Alex x Trey

Requested by: @25luckies (i think i got ur name right) 

Trey's POV

I sat in the sand with my legs stretched out in front of me. I stared into the horizon and let the waves roll over my feet. My feet were covered with cuts from god knows what, but who cares? 

Not me. Not anybody, really. 

I was used to it anyways. 

I'd always been alone and friendless. It was who I was. The creepy old loner person who really liked pizza. Also the person with the unreliable parents. Well, they're not unreliable, they just aren't that good at being parents. I mean, they feed me and all that, but Dad doesn't have time to play baseball with me, and Mom doesn't have time to help my little sister do her makeup. They're always busy with work. 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps walking toward me. I turned around and looked up at a tan guy with spiky black hair and a purple t-shirt. He looked sad, like the deep-pit-in-your-stomach sad. I felt terrible for him. 

" Hi," I smiled. 

" Hello," he replied. He did not smile. " Can I sit next to you?" 

" Sure," I told him, still smiling. 

He sat down. 

Alex's POV

I missed Zahrah. 

I thought about my big sister who had left New York all those years ago. I still keep her farewell letter in my pocket. I've read it a thousand times. I know it by heart, but reading her curvy script makes me feel like I'm with her again. 

Zahrah had run away long ago for a better life. She wouldn't take me with her. I'd begged, fought, and screamed, but she hadn't budged. Zahrah said that I would be better off here. I told her she was an idiot. She'd cried, but she'd left me at that cold orphanage. 

As much as I was mad at her, I loved her. 

" Hey, you okay?" the guy beside me had asked. 

" I'm fine," I snapped. 

People tell me that I'd never been the same after Zahrah had left me. 

" You don't sound fine," he replied.  

" I am fine," I snarled. " Just leave me alone." 

The guy recoiled. I felt terrible, but I was sad. 

After a few moments, I sighed. " I'm sorry. I just...I have a lot going on." 

" You can talk to me, if you want," the guy smiled. 

So I talked to him. I told him my whole story, about Zahrah and her running away and my new apartment and figuring out what I'm going to do with my life now. He just sat there and listened, not making a single word. No reaction whatsoever. 

" Well," he said finally. " Do you feel better?" 

" Yes," I nodded. I was being honest. I did feel a lot better. 

Especially with him.