Off the Dock- Charlotte x Jean-Claude

i looked back and realized that i got the ship wrong- sorry Yui <3

Requested by: Yuilesmollbeanuwu (my top requester)

Charlotte's POV

" WHO'S EXCITED?!" screamed Rosalie as Dad took a left. 

" Stop screaming, Rosie, Dad needs to focus!" Viola scolded from the front seat. Rosie giggled. 

We were going to the beach! It was finally, finally, finally summer (I've waited sooo long) and my siblings and I decided to kick off the summer by going to the beach. The hot sand, the cool water, building sandcastles, ice cream, shopping...there were a million things we could do! 

When we got there, we climbed out of the car and brought our stuff to a place right by the water. Viola immeadiately ran and jumped into the water like there was no tomorrow, and Rosie followed her. Moire (Rosie's best friend), Viola, and Rosie started playing underwater tag. But I didn't like the water, so I stayed on a towel and read my book. 

I read my book for a little while, until someone said, " Hi!" 

I looked up from my thick romance book and stared at a blond boy in blue swimming trunks. " Hello?" I replied, but it sounded more like a question. 

" Do you mind if I sit with you?" he asked. He sounded kind of nervous. 

" Not at all!" I replied, closing my book in case he wanted to chat. 

He sat down beside me. " Are you scared of the water?" 

" No. I just..." 

He waited. 

I sighed. " I just feel kind of left out. Because I'm the middle child. My two big brothers are away, and I was always very close with them. Viola and Rosie don't really include me, because they're like two years apart and I'm four years apart from Viola and I don't have anyone to play with..." my voice trailed off. 

The boy was quiet. " Well, I'm an only child. I don't have anyone. I know we just met, but would you want to jump off the dock with me?" 

" Okay," I answered without thinking. 

We went to the dock. He was about to jump in, but my heart was pounding too fast and I couldn't do it. I sighed. 

" Are you okay, um..." 

" Charlotte." 

" Nice. I'm Jean. But are you okay, Charlotte?" 

I was not okay. I was not remotely okay. 

" Can I tell you something?" 

" Anything." 

" Um, my big brother Joshua always held my hand and we jumped in together. But even at fifteen, I'm kind of scared," I stammered. 

Jean was quiet for a moment, and then he held out his hand. I reached over and took it hesitantly. 

" Three, two, one, JUMP!" we screamed at the same time. We jumped and were still holding hands as we smacked the water. 

When we came up, I was laughing so much that Jean had to bring me to shallow water. 

" Ready to do it again?" he asked. 

I took his hand, and we went.