Ice Skating- How Natalia and Melodie Became Friends

Natalia's POV

I put on my skates and made my way onto the rink. I held onto the wall and waited a few seconds before going out there. Not because I was a bad skater, but because my feet needed time to adjust to the ice from the carpet. 

I did some turns and a little axel jump. A nice way to warm up for an afternoon on the ice, the snow raining down on me. This is life. A perfect way to spend a snowy winter afternoon in Vermont. 

My name is Natalia Wilson, and I'm the third-best teen figure skater in Vermont. It's pretty cool to be on top, and I love the sport. I've been working for ten years to become the best female figure skater in the United States, and maybe go even further than that. 

I'm skating around, casually, when I see this girl really struggling. 

Melodie's POV 

I'm here with my brother, Cactus, at the ice skating rink. I hate it so much. I'd much rather be in front of a fire, drinking hot cocoa(marshmallows, whipped cream, and sprinkles!!) with a good Netflix series. But, according to Mom, even if it's below freezing and snowing, I need to go ice skating with my rowdy little brother. 

I go onto the ice and cling to the wall. I'm so bad at this. Meanwhile, Cactus is gliding around casually like he's done it his whole life. He must be having a huge laugh, watching me struggle like I'm three years old, and learning to walk or something. 

" Come on, Mel! This is so fun!" said Cactus. 

" Not for me!" I snapped. 

I'm watching this blond-haired girl with warm brown eyes. She's a huge pro, spinning around and doing these crazy-looking jumps like it's nothing. I'm in half awe, half annoyance. Annoyed because she's so much better than me. 

I try to let go of the wall but fall on my butt. 

This is humiliating. 

Natalia's POV 

I skate over to the girl, with her face flushed, and say, " Hey, do you need help?" 

" No," she scoffed. " I'm fine." 

" Oh," I said. " Okay." 

As I'm skating away, the girl calls, " Wait!" 

" Hm?" I ask, turning around. 

" Can I have some help?" she asks. 

I chuckled quietly to myself. I hold out my hand and she takes it. She practically leans on me. I take her hand and teach her how to bend her knees, and pretty soon, by the end of the day, we're holding hands and skating. 

Together. 

I personally love this oneshot so much, and I love Natalia and Melodie as friends for life. Be sure to leave requests below!!