A Pint of Ice Cream- Alec x Joshua

Thank you to Oliver_Shale and FlickerDreams123 for requesting!

literally forgot to upload this, so sorry <3

Prompt: An adorable meet-cute in a grocery store involving a pint of ice cream!

Joshua's POV

I walked into the grocery store, not stopping to cry or grab a shopping cart and headed straight for the frozen desserts aisle. I was still fuming about my parents constant pressure with being "perfect". It was too much, and when I tried to open up to them, they'd put me down and say I was being over dramatic. 

I realized my eyes were watering, and I shook my head. I wandered into the frozen desserts aisle to find this cute boy standing with a shopping cart, looking at the ice cream pints. There was this one specific chocolate cookie dough ice cream that I loved- it could always cheer me up, no matter what. 

I went to stand next to him and stared at the ice creams until I found the one I wanted. Just as I reached for it, he did too, and our hands just barely touched. He had warm hands. 

" Oh, I'm so sorry," he smiled. " You should take it." 

" No, no, it's okay. You have it," I told him. 

" I insist you have it," he said. 

" I insist you have it," I repeated. 

We went back and forth like that for a while until the boy suggests, " How about we share it?" 

I smiled. " That works for me." 

We paid and I distributed the ice cream into two cups while we walked back to his car. Turns out his name was Alec and he lived down the road with his dad and two sisters. He was gay, like me (works out nicely cause he was cute) and had an LGBTQIAP+ club at his school (not to be rude, but that acronym never stops growing i swear) and all of his friends were in the club. 

" Oh, that's so funny! We have that club at my school too!" I said. " Where do you go to school?" 

" University of Los Angeles," he said. 

" No way! Me too!" I half-yelled until I realized how loud I was. I blushed, and he laughed. 

We talked for an hour until he said, " I'd better go. Want to come sit with me and my friends on Monday?" 

" Yeah, sure! See you, Alec!" 

" See you, Joshua!" 

okayyy i am improving a bit :) 

love you guys! 

xoxo, Athena/Val