Laika and Lovebirds- Nikolai x Jean-Claude

(i personally headcannon these two as close friends, so forgive me if there's not much romance)

Requested by: @HeartfulDream 

Jean-Claude's POV

" I dunno if I'll like it," I muttered as my friend pulled me down the hall. 

" Come on, Jean," said Viola. " You'll like it! You know Joshua Brown, right? The guy who gave the whole school donuts on his birthday (the author absolutely did not do this)?" 

" Oh, yes," I nodded. That birthday cake creme donut was pretty good. 

Pretty soon, we arrived in front of the art room, where Viola pushed open the door to reveal a whole art studio of people talking, laughing, and doing art. A few people were drawing (Ezra, Mikah, and Nikolai), a group of guys were painting (Dan, Cactus, and Joshua), and two girls (me and my best friend Melodie- hope you're ok with that) were doing pottery in the back of the room. One of them- a brunette with glasses- looked up and smiled. I smiled back at her. 

" It feels very welcoming in here," I smiled. 

" I know. Come on, let's meet some other members of the club." 

Viola led me over to the group of people drawing, and sat me down with some paper and a pencil. She introduced me to the person with black hair and a gray hoodie (Mikah), the black dude with a red sweater (Ezra), and a blondish guy named Nikolai in a white shirt. While Ezra helped Viola with her shading, I turned to Nikolai, who was drawing something on a pad of sticky notes. 

" Whatcha doing?" I asked him. 

" I'm drawing a flip book," he explained. " Of Laika the Space Dog floating in the galaxy. I love space stuff. It was going to be a gift for any new member of the club." 

His voice was very calming (eww, that sounds weird, but i kind of love it too). 

" Oh! Well, I just joined the art club," I blushed. 

" Really? Nice! It'd be great to have someone like you," Nikolai replied. My face turned red. This guy was really buttering me up here. 

" Is it done?" I asked him. 

" Not yet. Wanna help?" 

So, for the next couple of hours, we worked together on the flip book. I blushed whenever he touched my arm, or when he looked over and said, " That's really good" or when he brushed some blondish hair out of his eyes. I was totally in love. Not like I'd ever admit it to him. 

When art club was done, Nikolai put the flip book into my hand and smiled. 

That was all I needed.