Chase the Dog- Ben x Benton

Before we start, I just wanna give a big thank you to xXxwhy_whyxX, who requested this ship. Be sure to leave requests(if u have any) in the comments!

Benton's POV

" Benton, just wait here while I go file some paperwork, okay?" said Dad. 

" Sure, whatever," I nodded. 

My name is Benton, in case you didn't just hear my dad. He works as a police officer, and today is Bring Your Kid to Work Day. I don't really know why this exists, but I roll with it because then I don't have to listen to my mom's ridiculous exercise music while she does yoga. 

I walk around the station, bored. There are no other kids because it's a school day, but people call me a "troubled kid" because I'm anti-social and wear black. So my parents decide to put me into an online school, where I only need to do it for two to three hours a day. 

I'm sitting at the front desk when suddenly, some dude comes rushing in, chasing this cute German Shepherd. The boy has blond hair and a white hoodie that says Thrasher. He's pretty cute, but I don't say so. The girl has long blond hair and a pink shirt. She's running after the dude, which I'm pretty sure is his older brother or something. I get up and run after them. 

Ben's POV 

I'm walking our new dog, a German Sheperd named Lily with my little sister Natalie. I take my cap off and fan my face with it. Man, it's hot out. It's July in Georgia and scorching, but no no no, we still need to take the dog and my crazy little sister out for a walk. Natalie's been cooped up in the house because all of her friends went to the beach but since Natalie has this weird allergy to sand, we can't take her. So, because I'm sO rEsPoNsIbLe, I'm stuck babysitting when I could be hanging out with my friends. 

Oh, and forgot to tell you, the name's Ben. 

We're walking past the police station when suddenly, Lily takes off running inside the building. The leash burns my hand and I yelp in pain. I run after Lily with Natalie at my heels, squealing with excitement like it's the best thing that's happened to her. 

We're running into the station, and this really cute guy is sitting at the front desk.  He has black hair and shades, with a lollipop sticking out of his mouth. He's got all black clothing, acting like he's so cool. Which he is. But I focus my attention on getting Lily. Until the guy gets up and comes with us. 

Benton's POV 

I'm running after the dude when suddenly, the dog runs into the staff room Crud. The guy runs in, and I run after. 

The dog's messing up papers, and the dude is running faster than normal. Suddenly, he trips and falls. He almost hits the ground, but I grab him by the arm but just end up falling with him. On top of him. My face is inches away from his, and I'm so embarrassed I could die. 

I sit there for a little, and then crawl off him and help him to his feet. The dog finally came back, and the girl is standing behind the dude like she's afraid of me. 

" Well, erm, thanks so much for helping me catch Lily. And for catching me." the guy said. 

" Not a problem, man. What's your name?" I asked. 

" It's Ben. You?" 

" Benton." 

Ben chuckles. " Ben and Benton. That sounds like something on a TV show." 

" Yeah," I agreed. But I only thought it was funny because he thought it was funny. I loved the way he laughed. It was like his whole body was laughing with him. 

As he walked out the door, I knew something; that Ben was a lot more than just a guy I bumped into on the street.