(*38*)

Recap:  They're engaged"

⊙___________________________⊙

▪︎Daniel▪︎

"Looks like it was dumped here early morning, i don't understand why this is starting up again or how they got into our grounds" Jack explained and Daniel nodded, averting his eyes from the rather disgusting yet sad sight as Rebecca walked towards them with a bag in her hands.

"Well doc, its upto you to find what the hell happened to her" Daniel told her, pressing a kiss to her lips as she smiled and nodded. It had been a few weeks since he'd proposed and how it was like living a dream.

"Dani we need to move her body, shes literally naked and chopped up, its disrespectful to her" Rebecca told him softly and he sighed. "What if everyone moves away till your done? I don't think we can rly, move her body" Jonah said, gesturing to the, well scattered pieces of human and Rebecca hummed. 

"That'd work"  she said but Daniel shook his head. "Im not letting you stay here alone" He said and she sighed. "Fine you can stand there i suppose. But everyone else away, no one else needs to know about this till we know what happened to her and why no one reported her missing" Rebecca instructed and Jack left with a nod.

"She has a boyfriend you know. They were on and off but last i know, they were together and i dont know why he didn't tell anyone, someone must've noticed" Daniel told her half an hour later as he crouched down beside her.

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

"Sucks when stuff like that happens, when they dont notice your gone" She told Daniel and he nodded, humming softly as he pressed a kiss to her head. "Hey boss, keep it prof" She giggled and he rolled his eyes playfully. 

"Well then doc, where are my reports" he said in a fake-mean tone and she pulled off her gloves. "She died early morning, round 3 am, but shes been tortured way to much, its similar to the one we found in the woods 3 years ago. You found a gift box didn't you" she asked him and he sighed.

"Yea we did, the same bloody white rose with shredded petals" He spoke and she sighed, standing up, wiping her hands with a sanitizer before walking over to Daniel who pulled her into his arms. "They always seem to target our gang, we've gotta find who the hell is behind is this" She spoke and he hummed nodding.

"We have that ball-party thing to do too, maybe after that. For all we know, this time could be a one time from a copy-cat" He replied. "I suppose that makes sense, but we should check why no one reported her missing, what was her name again?" Rebecca asked, looking up at him.

"Pretty sure its Natallie, i haven't seen her around mu-" He got cut off by Rebecca pulling him down right as the sound of a bullet hitting the tree was heard. "Fuck this is like last time" Daniel cussed and Rebecca giggled. "Deja vu much huh" She said, pulling out the gun she had with her.

"Hope you got extra bullets sweetheart" He told her as they heard a twig crunch and Daniel stood up to shoot. "Got an extra 2 knives in my boot along with mags amore" Rebecca winked before aiming and shooting, a loud yelp being heard as the bullet found its mark.

"I hate when you do it on the first try" he groaned, shooting once more just for precautionary measures before pulling his fiancé up. "I like it when you call me amore" he commented and she laughed. "I like it when you call me sweetheart" She said before walking over to the bushes, gun ready in hand.

Pushing the leaves and branches apart, they watched as a girl lay there, grunting from the bleeding bullet wound right below her knee. "Why am i not surprised?" Rebecca sighed and Daniel groaned. 

"Harper just why" Daniel asked the withering red head on the floor who glared up at the pair with tears in her eyes. Before she could respond, people ran in, mostly border guards but she also spotted Kenzie and Corbyn among the crowd.

"We're fine, just get Harper to her room, and the body bagged up. I also want everyone who was on duty early morning in my office in 15 minutes" Daniel instructed the people around them before pulling Rebecca closer.

"You guys ok?" Corbyn asked and Rebecca smiled, nodding. "We're fine, although i have a feeling we now figured out who's been leaking all our moves" Rebecca stated and they nodded along. "Knew i should've said something when she sexted some random guy outside the gang" MacKenzie said and Daniel raised his eyebrows.

10 minutes later, the whole east border guard had assembled in Daniel's office and Rebecca sat on the desk behind Daniel, who was standing, the former ready to hold the guy back if he got too angry. 

"Which one of you guys had to guard the south east entrance?" He asked and a girl spoke. "Me and Jason were supposed to do it, but Jason left for about half an hour" She said and Daniel narrowed his eyes. "Whos Jason?" He asked and a blond guy gulped before walking forward.

"Uh thats me" The brown eyed guy said, hand shaking as he avoided looking Daniel face to face. Rebecca hopped off the table, placing her hand on Daniel's arm as she spoke. "Where did you disappear at about 3.30 this morning?" She asked him softly and he gulped.

"Uh m-my girlfriend called me, i-i wasn't too far from my post though" Jason replied. "Why did your girlfriend call you" He asked and Jason fidgeted with his fingers. "shesaidshewashorny" He said quickly, face turning red. "Sorry, could you repeat that slower?" Rebecca asked sweetly as Daniel dug his fingers into her palm unconsciously.

"Your hurting me amore" She whispered to him softly and he winced before apologizing as Jason finally spoke up. "She said she was horny" He mumbled and a ripple of laughter passed through the group before falling silent.

"You left your post to fuck?" Daniel asked and Rebecca chortled silently as Jason scratched his neck before nodding. "I'm sorry" he stated and Rebecca smacked her lips. "Well whats your girlfriend's name?" She asked and Jason chewed on his lip before answering.

"Her name's Harper"

___________________________________________________

*giggles* Sorry i'll stop laughing i-
Its just funny adding a whole proposal chapter then continuing the book, sorry imma go laugh somewhere else-

No but like there's your mole, pretty sure most of ya'll suspected her anyway. 

This sounds shitty but please do comment when you read, i love to see what you think of the plot its the no 1 motivation for almost any and every writer :)

Love you guys! 💕

Toodle-Doo! ❤