(*31*)

Recap: "Daniel Seavey"

⊙___________________________⊙

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

"Is he now?" Rebecca forced a smile on her face, all through while her heart speared itself, and the little girl nodded happily. "Well, shall we get you to him then?" Rebecca asked her and Winter giggled, wrapping her little arms around her neck as Rebecca picked her up.

She stopped as Winter adjusted herself in her arms, watching in the wall length mirror before walking out chuckling at the deep golden skin against her rather pale one. "I'm sleepy" The smaller girl yawned and Rebecca smiled although her heart hurt.

"Well i'll leave you with your dad and you can sleep ok? Being pretty must be tiring" She cooed softly and Winter blushed. "Well why are you so energetic then?" The 4 year old asked her and Rebecca sent her a playful  glare.

"4 years old and already flirting huh?" She asked, tickling the girl lightly making her giggle as they walked to Daniel's office. Rebecca took a deep breath, knowing it was the first time she was gonna talk to him in over 3 weeks.

She knew the envelope tucked under the clothes was supposed to be sent back by tomorrow, the job offer tempting, and considering her relationship in the gang was strained, she might as well go back.

Although Noah did hit on her, she wasn't interested in him at all, and she knew she could adjust to it. She could breathe without having to worry about being exposed, or not care about what particular people thought.

Besides, Daniel had already shown her he could live much happier without her, and to think she had fallen for a guy who never even told her the truth hurt. After all the truth is always bitter. 

They finally reached his office, knocking on the door and she heard a "Come in" and took a deep breath before walking in. Daniel glanced up from the paperwork, eyes widening but she wasn't sure if it was because of her or Winter.

Probably Winter, she didn't mean much to him either way. "Dani! I fell and this nice lady helped my wound!" Winter squealed as she wiggled out of Rebecca's arms, running to Daniel who picked her up and placed her down on his desk.

"Is it so sweetheart? Where did you fall?" Daniel asked her softly, hugging her but his gaze lingered on Rebecca, who gave him a tight lipped smile. "I'll be going" Rebecca said, turning around but froze at his voice.

"Can we talk? please?" He asked and she looked back at him, then at Winter. "Nah, its fine. Uh also, since my license suspension is over, i got a job offer back at the hospital, and im taking the offer, do i need to give you a resignation letter or?" She asked him, her walls up as she held herself from breaking down.

"Y-You're leaving?" Daniel asked, voice breaking and she nodded, watching as his face fell and for some reason, the old satisfaction came back. She turned right around and walked out, an ever so small smile on her face, while although her heart throbbed, there was an ounce of satisfaction that she hurt him the same way he had done with her.

That night, she skipped dinner and stayed back in the room, closing her eyes as Daniel came up after dinner. She waited for a while, and when the clock struck 12, she got up as usual, slipping out of bed to get back to her safe haven.

She got up, pulling down her shorts and began walking to the door when she got pulled back, landing on Daniel's lap. "What are you doing?" She frowned, trying to get away but he held her waist firm.

"Where are you going huh? You've been going out every night" Daniel responded to her question with another and she rolled her eyes, trying to push him away so she could get off. "What is it to you-" She began angrily but got cut off by him.

"Oh i dont know, maybe because you told me you like me-" Daniel said, and Rebecca chuckled dryly. "That was before you decided you can lead me on and kiss another girl at the same time" She spat, tired of the yelling before it even started.

"I did not kiss her-" Daniel began but Rebecca slapped him, hard. "Shut up, i don't wanna listen to your bullshit excuses, go have fun with whoever and your daughter" She said, getting off his lap in the spilt second of him shock.

She threw open the door, taking off running to the woods, careful to stay away from the path to the lake knowing Daniel was on her tail. "Rebecca please" He yelled and she rolled her eyes as she ran faster, looking over her shoulder to see where he was.

And of course as fate would have it, she tripped, and Rebecca twisted her body, landing with her back on the ground to shift the impact and making sure not to break any of her bones.

Groaning in soreness, she watched as Daniel stopped beside her, before picking her up, and she rolled her eyes. "Let go of me, i dont know where those hands have been and what kinda STD's—" Rebecca thrashed in his hold as he walked back to the house.

"First off, STD's can't be transmitted through skin contact unless its down there, and second off, i dont even have STD's" Daniel chided her as he placed her down onto the bed.

"Puh-lease, that blond must have something sticking to her considering i saw her drag a guy back in last night" Rebecca snorted, sitting up but Daniel shoved her down, climbing on top of her.

"You know this is technically assault right?" Rebecca told him as he lay on top of her, burying his face in her chest as he made himself comfy. "Give me five minutes and i'll explain everything" Daniel told her and she sighed.

"Five minutes."

_____________________________________

AYO IK THIS CHAP MADE NO SENSE BUT IM SORRY MY 4AM BRAIN COULDN'T DO MUCH EXHAUSTED—

But anywhore, yes this is a filler cuz ya'll wanted another update but none of ya'll said it should contain the things you want 😏

Anyways, hopefully i get this book done by the end of Jan max, imagine if i get it done mid-jan *has a whole cardiac arrest + brain stroke*

But i'll try aha, we've got a few more of my checkpoints to go thru before the end so ehe, eenteresting parts here we go 😎

Love you guys! 💞

Toodle-Doo! ♥️