(*16*)

Recap: "A serial killer"

⊙___________________________⊙

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

"A what?" Rebecca asked, her eyes wide and Daniel pulled her in closer, reducing the already minimum distance between them. It wasn't any different to how they've been before, their bodies pressed against each other, but this time, Rebecca felt slightly different.

Obviously they were fully clothed, she controlled her mind from slipping into the dirty side, but she couldn't blame herself, the man in front of her was extremely attractive, especially in his t-shirt, his usual leather jacket shed which let his muscles breathe.

"Rebecca, this is why I mainly got you here" Daniel whispered, his hot breath hitting her lips, while there was inches of space between them. They had kissed before, well merely a brush of lips, but this was different.

They had something between them, and it wasn't exactly just friendship. But it wasn't a relationship either, more of a 'we don't know where we stand' simply because Daniel hadn't talked or been in such close contact with her for over a month now.

"W-what" Rebecca stuttered as he pushed her behind, her back hitting the glass window, the moonlight shining on Daniel's face making it glow. "The reason I had to save you, it was because of him sweetheart" Daniel spoke, the nickname slipping off his tongue smoothly.

She would deny she shivered, but she did. Daniel however, looked dead serious. "Daniel?" She whispered, the room completely silent. The clock on the bedside table let out a small sound, indicating that it was finally midnight.

"Yeah?" Daniel asked her, his cerulean eyes gazing at her intensely. "Who was the guy who left the gift box, and why did he attack the guy downstairs injured right now?" She asked, and Daniel's eyes flickered off her. 

 "I-" Daniel whispered, before moving off her, turning around. "Daniel" Rebecca said, grabbing him by the arm, tugging him. "Its confidential information Rebecca, I've told you enough already" Daniel said, shrugging her arm off as he began walking.

"You told me about the serial killer, why can't you tell me-" Rebecca raised her voice and Daniel turned, giving her a glare. She didn't know why, but tears were threatening to spill out, to drip down. 

Daniel avoided her petite frame when he saw the tears, before finally looking up. "Because, your just a normal girl with a smart brain to be a doctor, just because your in the mafia doesn't make you special enough to know everything thats going on" Daniel said, his tone rude before he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

She flinched at the sound, tears finally falling. She walked over, locking the door behind the boy who walked out on her, sliding down the door. She hated herself, for letting down her guard.

Everything had been fine, until that moment she helped Daniel in the alleyway. She had so much planned, but getting back into the underworld wasn't one of them.

She hated this, but she was done being vulnerable. It was no longer going to be the Rebecca they were accustomed to, she knew even Indigo still had problems adjusting to that side of her.

And Rebecca guessed they'd see a part of her colder personality from now on.

▪︎Daniel▪︎

He knew he shouldn't have, he shouldn't have been rude, yelled, led her on. It wasn't exactly leading her on, he did genuinely like her, but this wasn't good.

He had a gang to run, having a girlfriend or a crush was a distraction, a waste of time. But most importantly, it was dangerous for Rebecca, she was a normal citizen.

She wasn't trained in guns, knives, she was the type of girl to run away from a crime scene, scream when she saw someone getting merely hurt by a knife.

She was a doctor to top it all, she would've had a good life if she hadn't saved him that day. And Daniel knew he wasn't gonna be able to talk to her, look her in the eye after everything.

But it was better this way, she was too innocent. And if she got kidnapped as leverage against him, he knew she wouldn't really be able to protect herself.

After all, she was a mere city girl, one who barely had any idea about the underworld. And he didn't want to ruin that innocence. So the best way was to stay away. No matter what.

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

Rebecca woke up, but she didn't smile at herself in the mirror. She didn't skip over to the shower, rather walked up straight. No slouching, she remembered the hours upon hours of training she had gotten.

She remember wanting to make her dad proud, taking insane classes that would benefit her wonderfully. And it had, very much. If only she hadn't given up. Or if only she hadn't saved Daniel that day.

He technically led her on, a false sense of security dawning upon her as a result. And she knew with that, that she hadn't learnt the first time, she hadn't learnt to not trust a lot of people.

And that Rebecca was gone. Gone the moment she put her walls up again, wishing she could carry a pocket knife like she used to before. Her old gang was different, being the leaders daughter held you a lot of privilege.

And after a shower, she walked down in a black sports bra and leggings set, a red flannel tied around her waist securely. As she walked into the living room, from where you could clearly see the inhabitants at the dining table, the brunette was met with Chad.

"Lookin hot mamas" Chad said, eyeing her up and down and she rolled her eyes, giving him a glare as she proceeded walking towards the table. Everyone was looking, Daniel had his arms on the chair, ready to get up in case anything happened.

However, something did happen, as Chad grabbed her and turned her to face him.

''Rule number 4, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT let ANYONE touch you. It causes you to loose focus, which should be on the victim, NEVER SHOULD AN ASSASSIN LET THEIR FOCUS SLIP'

That was all that ran through Rebecca's mind as she did something that surprised all of them, everyone at the table standing up, eyes wide with their breakfast plates discarded. 

And when Rebecca realized what had happened, what she had done, it was too late. For she had punched him. Punched him hard.

So hard, he was bleeding.

_______________________________________

Sooo uhm yeah aha. Lets face it, she was bound to slip up 🤭

So quick questions for the upcoming chapters, just 2 simple yes or no questions. Just comment on the side of it, whether ya'll are chill with it or no. So are you guys comfortable with

1. Smuts, like descriptive-ish ones, because I may write one in this book...

2. Mentions of incest things, purely mentions, it won't be portrayed in detail, just mentions.

Raniel is highly down the drain, sorry not sorry oops. I also love how Daniel thinks Rebecca's so innocent, but shes literally a ruthless murderer like 👁👅👁

Love you guys!💞

Toodle-Doo!♥️