(*21*)

Recap: "What happened?"

⊙___________________________⊙

▪︎Daniel▪︎

"I—" Daniel saw Rebecca hesitate and he let go off the hug. Walking to her closet, he grabbed a scarf she had, wrapping the knife and the gift box, hiding it in the same closet.

The fake blond then led her out, knowing she couldn't sleep in her room with all the shattered glass. He led her to his room, and she hesitated before climbing into the bed.

Daniel crawled in after her, maintaining his distance to give her some space. Rebecca however, slowly moved closer to him, her eyes still wide in fear.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" He asked her softly. Rebecca's head was buried in his bare chest, his arms wrapped around her, holding her close.

His mind thought back to the kiss, and he gently shook his head like he had been doing so many times, trying to get rid of the thoughts. "I was asleep" Rebecca whispered and he looked down at her.

Her hair was a rats nest, the red highlights shining through the chocolate background. "And I heard something crash, I open up my eyes to see this guy in a mask hovering over me" Rebecca breathed out.

"He opened this giftbox down, grabbed my hand and slit the tip of my finger and he drizzled the blood all over the rose" Rebecca choked out and Daniel sighed, knowing he had been very reckless and distracted.

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

"Thats the giftbox he left yeah?" Daniel asked and Rebecca nodded. "Did you see his face?" Daniel asked and the brunette shook her head. "His eyes only and they were a amber green" She said, Daniel nodding.

"We'll work it out, i'll explain tomorrow, just go to sleep now" Daniel told her and she nodded, closing her eyes. Although she looked asleep, a million thoughts were zipping past her mind

Was this how many felt when she had killed them? Had they been crying? All Rebecca could remember was they were weak, pathetic for crying. But now? 

Maybe it had been fear. The fear of death. The fear of leaving this world, leaving behind loved ones. But Rebecca had no loved ones, no one other than her actual dad and possibly Indigo. And maybe Daniel too.

But until now, Rebecca hadn't known what fear was, the horror of things. And now that she knew, she was the one who felt weak, felt pathetic, felt useless.

She had no idea where everything had gone wrong, maybe it was Daniel strutting into her life. But this wasn't okay. Her dad wouldn't be proud, her mom would be looking down at her in disgust.

Where had the actual Rebecca gone? The insane monster, the heartless assassin, the emotionless cold blooded killer? With a small start, Rebecca realized, that this probably was the real her.

The real human she was destined to be, without all the training, the fighting. The real human who wasn't to be introduced, to be corrupted at such a young age, merely a kid.

A human wasn't to learn to use knives and guns at three years old, wasn't to learn how to kill someone at five. A real human wasn't to know the rights and wrong of a cruel underworld, wasn't to be learning to seduce people of all ages at five.

No, a real human wasn't and yet she had. So maybe in conclusion, she wasn't a real human. She really was the cold assassin she had been raised to be.

Then what was this tingling feeling she had when she looked at Daniel? What was the faint shiver than ran through when Daniel touched her. Whatever it was, Rebecca knew she had to stop it.

She'd never had time for boys, for relationships, for fun, for a normal childhood, normal teenage years. And she can't start making time for all this childish shit.

She was here as a doctor, just another month and she'd finally be able to get her licence to practice back. And when she does, shes walking out of this place, out of the underworld.

Not again was she going to step in, but this meant she had to be colder from now on. Not the stupid type she had failed to hold through the day, but actually colder.

Meaner, ruder, she had to stop before she got in too deep with all the feelings. Before she lost at the game she had been forced to play, before she lost the admiration from her dad, before she lost the admiration she believed her mother had for her.

And so, she finally drifted off to sleep at 1 in the morning, in Daniel's arms, hopefully for the last time. And only if she had been awake a bit longer, she would've seen the red laser aimed.

She would've seen the oh so deadly killer, the man the news was loving up, The Rose Slasher himself. She would've seen him pull his mask down, her sharp eyesight could've deciphered his face. 

And maybe if she had, many things could've been prevented, loads of blood spills, tremendous amount of horror, shock, the absolutely horrid things to take place. 

But alas, she hadn't.

And what a shame it was.

_____________________________________

Oml the way I actually love how this turned out—

Like the way I worded it, oh my whats wrong with me 🙈

Anywayz, this was like a filler thus the shortness, but we did get a glance into Rebecca's deeper thoughts 🤭. The way I had no motivation and then all of a sudden, eveeprything came to me—, Imma just 🚪🏃‍♀️

Ok i've tortured my ibfs with this quesgion, but its ur turn now, who do ya'll think is The Rose Slasher? Like any ideas? I don't mind whatever it is, just shoot ur shot aha

But I love you guys!💞

Toodle-Doo!♥️