(*42*)

Recap: "I really love you"

⊙___________________________⊙

▪︎Daniel▪︎

He really couldn't explain why he had a bad feeling as he stepped into the elegant and large ballroom type hall, littered with representatives and/or leaders from various gangs, each dressed even more exquisite than the before.

But he shrugged off the feeling, putting on a smile as they neared the group he usually kept himself associated with at parties like this. "Daniel! So nice to see you. How are you doing hmm?" James, a guy whos gang was on well terms with his own, asked and he smiled.

"Doing great, what about you man" He asked, feeling Rebecca scan the room for someone making his doubts resurface. "Good good, whos the lady?" He asked and Rebecca turned to face him. 

"Hi, Im Rebecca Wilson" She gave him a smile as she shook his hands and Daniel grinned. "Meet my fiancé" He said and James gasped. "No fucking way, fiancé? No way are you engaged" He said and Daniel chuckled as Rebecca held out her left hand, making James clap softly.

"You did it then, congrats man" He said and Daniel smiled, before continuing to talk to him. "Im going to use the washroom, be back" He heard Rebecca whisper in his ear and he nodded, kissing her softly before smiling at her. She whispered an 'I love you' before walking away.

Inside however, Daniel was scared. What if it was the person she had been texting that she was going to meet? What if Harper's words were true? The girl had caused a lot of damage in his life yes, but he had seen the message his lover had received, he couldn't loose her, no he refused to.

He'd die for her if he had to, but living without her after so long with her seemed like his worst nightmare come true, this was just as scary as he'd heard the news of his parent's death. "Hey bro you ok?" James asked and Daniel blinked out of his dreamland, nodding a yes at him with a smile.

As they continued talking for a while, James' wife making an appearance and they laughed together like old friends, before a cough interrupted them, and Daniel turned to see two people he knew were the stars of this ball.

"Mr.Hendle! How nice to see you again" Daniel smiled, hand extending to shake the older man's hands, then proceeding to shake his daughter's hand too. "Nice to see you again Daniel. Here alone like last time or do you finally have a date?" The brunette haired man asked, his italian accent mixed beautifully with his english.

"Actually i do have someone this time, ah here she comes" Daniel said, gesturing to his fiancé walking fast towards him.

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

(Just after leaving Daniel's side)

God she couldn't see him anywhere and she knew he promised he'd meet her but she was tired of waiting. But she knew Daniel couldn't know, her life would go to shit if he found out this way, it would tear them apart, and so she made way to the washroom, barely noticing a specific someone's eyes on her.

Touching up her makeup, smoothing out her dress and adjusting the gun strapped to her thigh, she exited the bathroom after a few minutes, and she noticed Daniel talking to someone else now, his shoulders so beautifully carved that she could sit and watch him all day.

So focused on him, she didn't notice someone grab her hand till they did, a smile blooming on his face as she turned to him, confused before her eyes widened. "Mr.Screel" The brunette breathed out, watching as he took her hand and placed a small kiss onto it, hand however letting hers go when he spotted the cushion cut diamond nestled.

"Engaged? Who are you here with? Which one did you reject me and my offer for?" He growled and Rebecca took a step back, trying to make sure it looked like a friendly chat.

 "Someone, and me saying no to your offer was a personal decision, it was years ago please forget about it. Now if you don't mind, i have to get back to my fiancé" She told him, giving him a quick smile before walking back to Daniel quickly.

"You didn't tell me Noah was gonna be here you idiot" She hissed into Daniel's ears when she reached him, not noticing who he was talking to. "I told you last night love" He told her, taking her hand in his. 

"But meet Mr.Roy Hendle. He's basically the head of all mafia's. Mr.Hendle, this is my fiancé, Rebecca" Daniel told the man and Rebecca froze in shock as she finally realized who was in front of them. 

"Rebecca, pleasure to meet you" She smiled charmingly, wiping her hands before shaking Mr.Hendle's and he nodded, smiling back at her. "Roy, and this is my daughter Amelia. Its nice to meet you too. What do work as? Must be something wonderful to have captured Daniel's heart" He told her chuckling as she moved to shake hands with the girl who must be about 3 years younger to her.

"Im a doctor actually. Kinda saved his life in an alleyway and here we are" She told him causing Roy to laugh as he picked up a glass of champagne from a waiter passing by. "My my Daniel. Well im very happy for you, keep each other safe" He told them, before walking away, his daughter waving at them before following but Daniel didn't fail to notice how both their eyes lingered on Rebecca a little too long.

"You ok?" She heard Daniel ask her and she turned to his, smiling and nodding. She leaned up and pressed a firm kiss to his lips, pulling away as the sound of glass shattering reached their ears. She turned just in time to see the man who was talking to them get shot and her eyes widened.

Louds screams echoed, people getting their hands on nearest weapon, most of which were butter knives as the king of crimes collapsed. "Move, im a doctor" She yelled as she ran to the man on the floor, his daughter crying next to him.

"Hey hey your gonna be ok, its going to be fine" She reassured him, forgetting everyone else as she popped open his shirt buttons, Amelia crying harder as she saw the bleeding wound right on his stomach.

"D-Don't close your eyes" Rebecca told him as someone handed her a first aid box but Roy caught her hands. "I-Its hopeless for me, b-but Rebecca I just" He cut himself off coughing and Rebecca pleaded with her eyes for him to stop talking.

"I just w-want to tell you, I love you- so so much and I am so p-proud of you b-but I" He said, coughing before uttering three last words, something that she'd debated all her life if she wanted and she watched as his eyes closed, chest no longer rising and falling and she watched as Daniel helped her up, his eyes questioning but her ears rang with the last words.

"I'm so sorry"

___________________________________________________

Lmfao bye this was kinda complicated and messy but it was...interesting *smirks*

If any of ya'll figured it out, lemme know in the comments

Lets pretend im not making this book much more interesting just as we get closer and closer to the end yup ok? we good? gr8 lets move on before i get another episode of bricks thrown-

Lets also pretend im not shit at updating (school started again and i've barely had time to glance at my phone, m so sorry)

Neways,
love you guys! 💕

Toodle-Doo! ❤