(*22*)

Recap: And what a shame it was

⊙___________________________⊙

▪︎Rebecca▪︎

The brunette woke up to shuffling, her doe eyes opening to glance at Daniel trying to move. She blinked a few times before rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

She realized she was on Daniel's chest and her eyes widened as she scrambled off.  "Oh god, Im so sorry" She said and Daniel chuckled. "Its alright" he said, his raspy voice twisting her stomach, but in a good way.

"I'm sorry I woke you up, the intruder alarm went off" Daniel said, jumping out of bed and Rebecca frowned but slowly got out of bed following him.

Smoothing her oversized tshirt and hair, she pulled down her short highwaisted shorts a little lower as she walked down behind Daniel. Everyones eyes trained on them walking out together but Rebecca pushed past Daniel as she rushed to the injured person on the ground.

"Fucking standing there like sticks for what? Someone get me a first aid kit" Rebecca yelled and Mackenzie snapped out of her shock as she ran in.

Rebecca grabbed the tshirt the girl was wearing, ripping it so she could analyze the wound better. She threw her hair up into a messy bun as Mackenzie handed her the kit and Rebecca opened it, dumping the contents out.

She began treating the girl, knowing very well there was no time to get her inside. As she cleaned the cut, she noticed writing and froze. "Dani?" She spoke, her eyes wide and Daniel took steps forwards before kneeling beside her.

The over 30 members of the gang present in the crowd watched them as Daniel's eyes widened, as Rebecca handed him surgical gloves. She slowly cleaned the wound and began working on the main slash as Daniel analyzed the writing.

Rebecca finished bandaging the girl up, asking for water which was soon given. "As a substitute for your little doll Mr.Seavey" Daniel muttered, reading from the carving.

The girl gasped as she woke up from the cold water being sprinkled over her and Rebecca smiled softly at her, nudging Daniel to stop muttering possibilities although it was pretty clear what the message conveyed.

"What happened" the girl winced as she tried to move. "Hey hey, take it easy, lay back down" Rebecca said, following the girls eyes to the boys looking at the girls chest like it were pray.

Rolling her eyes, the brunette pulled off her own oversized tshirt, being left in the sports bra she had thankfully thrown on last night. Ignoring the stares being redirected as the girl gratefully pulled on the tshirt, Rebecca began asking her questions as normal protocol.

Signalling Emma and Chicago to help the girl out to a shower, Rebecca stood up, Daniel's hand tugging her. He handed her his own shirt, and she smiled gratefully before pulling it on.

'COLD REBECCA, YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE COLD' She mentally scolded herself, but was snapped out of her thoughts as someone ran out of the house like they were on fire.

"Oliver, hes yelling about of the body has been found yet" Zach panted and Daniel's expression hardened as whispers began. Zach's eyes widened when he realized what he had done, taking a step back.

Daniel's jaw was clenched in anger and Rebecca knew all her promises were going to hell the moment she pulled him into a hug. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, head burying itself into her neck.

Gesturing for Zach to go, she slowly swayed them, trying to calm the fake blond down.

 She saw the glares the crowd was giving, the girls' ones directed at Rebecca while the guy ones were directed at Daniel, although at his back for they obviously didn't have the guts to take on the underworld's most dangerous gang leader.

"Nobody else knew did they?" She whispered to him softly and he shook his head. "Ok you need to calm, Zach didn't do it on purpose" Rebecca whispered and he nodded slowly.

His hands still gripping her waist and his tshirt on her, he slowly moved his head to look at her. His back muscles flexed, and so did his triceps as he slowly let go of her.

"Better?" Rebecca asked softly and Daniel nodded slowly. "Thank you" he smiled and Rebecca smiled back. "Anytime" she said and a cough intrupted them.

"So you guys are dating" Harper scoffed and Daniel rolled his eyes. "Thats our personal business so shut the fuck up" Daniel growled and Rebecca stiffled a giggle.

And just when everything seemed a bit calm, another scream echoed from the small forest beside them. And someone came stumbling out, breaking down into sobs.

"Hey what happened?" Daniel asked, and Rebecca couldn't let herself think about how sweet and caring he was. Groaning to herself, she walked closer to the girl who was crying badly.

"I-I f-f-found i-it" She cried and Daniel tensed up, and Rebecca could see his mind calculating the possibilities.  "Found what?" She asked softly and the next sentence had Daniel grabbing Rebecca's hand.

"Andrea's body"

______________________________________

Oops—

So this was to be done way earlier but Why Don't We had other plans to post a snippet and completely distract me 🙄 

ShOuToUt tO tHaT 30 sEc SnIpPeT for actually giving me motivation to finish up this chapter 🤪

Ain't complaining tho, that shits fire, LIKE IM SHOOK, THIS ERA GONNA MAKE THEM SHOOT UP AND IM HERE FOR IT (cuz I already know the lyrics for the snippet, Im sure almost everyone does by now—)

Raniel's, developing I'd say ehe. But now I can officially say the beginning's over, strap yourselves in, we're going for a hell of a ride (hopefully considering my shit writing 💀)

[Me thinking of how Only The Beginning era is over too 👁💧👄💧👁]. But like, that snippet be only 30 seconds of a single, imagine the album, a whole ass 35min + recording of that IM GONNA CRY—

Major point, tysm for 10k, pls ya'll make me so soft with ur comments but 10,000 reads is a major thing 🥺

Love you guys!💞

Toddle-Doo!♥️