Marriage

Jennie PoV

Me and my girlfriend Lisa have been dating for about 6 years. I'm 27 and I want to get married to her. I'm in love with her, my life isn't complete without her. Everytime I bring the marriage topic up Lisa always finds a way to turn it down and it hurts.

Lisa and I have been living together for 4 years it's like we're practically married. We already have a little girl. Who is 3 years of age but me and Lisa aren't married.

Why doesn't she want to marry me you say? It's because Lisa doesn't believe in the word marriage. To her it's just a document you sign and to me it's something I've been dreaming about since I was a little girl.

The main reason why she doesn't like the idea is because when she was younger her parents had a divorce and it really hurt her as a kid. Am I selfish for wanting to be Lisa's wife.

We have a daughter named Ella. Our little princess is staying with her uncle Bambam tonight, she normally stays at Bambams place every weekend because she loves her uncle Bambam.

I hear the door open and close to our bedroom and it was Lisa.

Lisa: has Ella already gone to Bambam's?

I nod at her while my eyes go to the tv. I'm currently laying on our bed. See our, it's always ours never just hers or mine in this house.

Lisa: look at my beautiful nini.

Lisa takes her jacket off and jumps on me. I start to laugh, she's just like a kid sometimes. She's always like this, full of life and it never gets old for me. I'm in love with this woman yet not a ring on my finger.

Jennie: had a good day at work?

Lisa nods smiling brightly at me.

Lisa: yes because I was looking forward coming home to see you.

I can feel myself blushing. I pull Lisa close to me so now she's laying on top of me.

Jennie: cheesy lili.

Lisa just pecks my lips.

Lisa: you didn't go work today?

I shake my head

Jennie: I gave myself a day off.

Lisa smiles placing her lips on mine again. Her hands move down to my hips. Mine stay around her neck. I pull away.

Lisa: I can sense you have something on your mind nini.

I pout

Jennie: what's the point of talking about it when I know the answer I'm going to get.

When I said that Lisa face just drops.

Lisa: oh

Lisa gets off me and sits up. I sit up too.

Lisa: let's just go out to dinner, there's this new...

I just cut her off.

Jennie: see you always change the subject, you don't care. Go to dinner with someone else.

I lay back down facing my back towards her.

Lisa: come on nini, don't turn your back to me.

Lisa turns me back to face her and I just sit up with my back resting on the head of the bed, my arms were crossed.

Jennie: what?

Lisa looks at me with guilt. She knows how this makes me feel and she knows all I want is to get married.

Lisa: I do care about you Jennie, I love you, you're the love of my
Life.

I shake my head

Jennie: why don't you want me to be your wife Lisa, all I want is to be happy.

Lisa takes my hand.

Lisa: Jennie it's just a stupid piece of paper, to say you're married we practically are married why do we need some document to tell us that.

This is all she says about it, it's not enough for me.

Jennie: Lisa you know what I wanted since we started dating, you know I dreamed about the day I walk down an aisle. I have no ring on my finger to show people, " hey I'm married to Lalisa Manoban", I don't have that.

Tears roll down my face.

Jennie: it may mean nothing to you but it means everything to me and sometimes you make me feel unworthy and unwanted because you don't want me to be your wife.

Lisa wipes my tears away.

Lisa: I hate the fact you feel that way. I love you Jennie, not just because you're beautiful because your a great mother, caring, loving and I can't believe I'm lucky to have a woman like you in my life, I hate that I make you feel unwanted and unworthy because you're my world...

I just look down

Jennie: but?

Lisa sighs

Lisa: but I just don't see why we need to show people our love, my parents were married until it ended Jennie, I can't go through what they went through. I can't end up like that.

She just doesn't get it, we aren't like her parents, not every marriage is the same.

Jennie: it's not to show people Lisa it's for me, to show me that you're really committed to me. We aren't going to end like your parents Lisa, we're together forever.

Lisa looks at me with confusion

Lisa: but I am committed Jennie, A piece of paper isn't going to change the fact I'm loyal to just you, we live together Jennie, what's mine is yours, we have a beautiful daughter together, I just don't understand.

I just shake my head.

Jennie: let's just forget about it and go to bed.

Lisa checks the clock

Lisa: it's only 7pm and I can't just forget it because you're upset still.

I just shake my head.

Jennie: does it even matter Lisa, I can't be happy.

I see Lisa tearing up.

Lisa: I try Jennie. I really do, it's just hard for me to do it.

I just nod

Jennie: I know honey.

I pull Lisa to me and we hold each other.

Lisa: I'm sorry Jennie, I hope we can move past this. I love you till I die.

I feel Lisa squeeze me a little tighter. Tears just fall down my face as I hide my face on her chest.

Jennie: I love you too Lisa. Forever.

I just hope she changes her mind one day. I'll be waiting.

//////

💭💭💭💭💭.