࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Reliving the Past

╚ ———————————— ╝

Puffy walked into the room where her partner had been staying for the last week. Seeing the faint-pink-haired girl, who gave her a wary smile, made the other officer's heartbreak. How Niki managed to stay so happy and bright at this moment was beyond her. Gently, the white-and-brown-haired woman waved and pulled the leather seat, which was pushed off to the side, closer.

Niki had been shot in the shootout with Wilbur Watson, the very one which killed their comrade and Punz's partner. Even if he never spoke, Callahan was the purest soul and only wanted to protect people from the ugliest things in the world.

With a hand over the wound on her stomach, the young girl shifted her spot so she could lean against some pillows, Puffy helping her up. Niki smiled warmly as her partner took her seat again.

"What's happened in my absence?" Her voice was soft, how someone could hurt her made the older woman angry. Niki was a kind soul, but wrong her and there will be hell to pay.

"Scott and CPK got in a car chase with Tommy and his friends last night, they chased them up the cliff bridge road" Puffy explained. Niki nodded, listening intently "The kid drove off the cliff-"

"What?" She shot up "are they all okay?!"

"Calm down, they're fine. They all got away without injury. Scott said they were picking up something at the park when they caught them, which turned into an on-the-road shootout, thankfully there were no casualties." She concluded

"I bet Dream's not happy" The pinkette giggled into her hand, Puffy smiled softly. She remembered back to the night before, she had been at the precinct finishing up some last-minute paperwork with Ant and Skeppy when Dream had come into the building angry and boxed himself into his office.

When Scott and CPK came back into the offices, they had explained the whole situation and that Sapnap and George were checking the park for any clues. The older woman felt nothing but sympathy for Dream, all he wanted was to bring down the Sleepy Boys to avenge his sister and all those who lost their lives or had their lives ruined by those criminals.

She had grown up knowing Dream because of her son, who was friends with him before he disappeared. She remembered the day that they had heard about Samantha. Puffy had never seen Dream in more pain.

"He'll be okay, he always is"

"You don't believe that do you?" Niki scoffed jokingly as she looked at her friend. The split-dyed woman laughed quietly into her hand and shook her head.

"No, but we gotta let him believe we do"

──────────

He reread the files in front of him, no matter how often he did it, never would he stop. It was as if by some miracle the files would read 'Arrested'. Wilbur's file taunted him every day, not once had the man been brought in, none of them had ever been brought in, sure, they got some of their accomplices like Lauren Zside, who they brought in over eight months ago and imprisoned, but that wasn't enough.

Dream was irritated, to say the least, countless times both Wilbur and Tommy evaded their attempts at arresting them. He was yet to come across Techno or Phil, only having crime scenes from the older brother, he was thought to have been the worst since he was the one who took out hits and left gory scenes but Dream knew it was Wilbur. It was always Wilbur.