࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Working a Case

╚ ———————————— ╝

Goose opened the car door, getting in beside Sapnap. The two exchanged a smile before turning the car and siren on. The ravenette pushed his foot down as they exited the car park and joined the roads of L'Manberg. The blonde observed the city as Sapnap swerved past people to get to the crime scene quicker. Of course, the one time a murder happens, George is out of town visiting family but, not that Sapnap was complaining. It meant he got to work with his best friend. He had come back to the force two weeks ago after Karl was finally able to walk around.

The librarian ushered the cop back to his job immediately, knowing how much he missed the rush of the job. One would think Karl had grown tired of having to rely on his fiance.

Someone had called in, about thirty minutes ago, reporting some loud noises coming from their neighbour's house. Ponk and HBomb had been sent to check it out and immediately called for backup; reporting four dead bodies and a car fleeing the scene but they lost it when it drove over the hill. Goose thought it could've been a break-in but according to Sapnap, HBomb had reported nothing missing and that the house showed no signs of a break-in.

"You don't think it was the Sleepy's do you?" Goose pondered as his partner for the case turned into a suburban area, seemingly normal houses all lined up next to one another.

"My guess? Definitely. This has Wilbur written all over it"

"How so?"

"Well, we know that Tommy doesn't do the murdering. He's their getaway driver and does a lot of the robberies and pickups. Techno isn't as careless and wouldn't intrude on a home. He lures his victims into a place where they wouldn't be found for days unless he's real' angry and Phil, as far as we know, hasn't gotten his hands dirty like this for at least a year if we exclude what he did to—" Sapnap gulped, clear the wound of Karl being still too new for him to continue.

"I getcha," Goose assured as they pulled up to the house.

The two exited the vehicle and walked up to the front, Ponk welcoming them in. The scene was horrific. Two bodies laid on top of one another, a clear indication they were killed by the same person and weapon. Another had a stake of wood sticking out of the left side of his face, blood covering him as he laid in his own pool of DNA. The last body was unidentifiable. Goose wanted to hurl. He had been doing this job for nearly two years and never had he seen something like that.

"Definitely Wilbur," Sapnap muttered, earning a shy nod from Goose. The ravenette snapped himself out of his mind and turned to look up at the other officers. "Any witnesses?"

"None. The neighbour who called it in claimed she didn't see anyone leave or enter the house apart from the victims. She mentioned hearing other voices of what she thinks were male but it was too muffled to make anything out. Last thing she heard was a scream from who we assume was-" HBomb pointed to Moonzy, the dead pinkette who had collapsed on top of the other. "-This one who we identified as Moonzy Cat. She seems to have no defence wounds and it was a straight in kill"

"Same goes for Finn Ister, the victim with Moonzy but these two-" He pointed at the two males in the middle of the room. "-Clearly put up a fight and this guy-" He pointed at the man in the shards of wood. "-Got the bad end of it"

Sapnap, as much as he hated it, crouched down next to the body and looked over the what-would-be face of the figure. He smelt horrid, his skull was completely smashed in. The ravenette shook his head, the sounds of forensics finally arriving in the background. He stood up and dug into his pocket, pulling out a notepad and scribbling down with a black ink pen.