࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 57 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

We meet again

╚ ———————————— ╝

Michael. That was the name of his son. He was six years old and had grown up with his mum and her girlfriend who was the only other parental figure the boy knew. He most likely didn't even know that Wil existed. The brunette sighed as he looked up at the house. It was clearly a rental and the garden was done well, Sally always having a love for gardening.

He ran a hand over his face, forcing himself to open the car door and step out onto the sidewalk. He hoped he didn't look too scary for the boy. He forced himself to walk up towards the house. There was a man and woman, most likely married, in their garden with their dog enjoying the hot summer sun. They both watched as the brunette approached the wooden door and stood there for a moment as he composed himself. Wilbur reached over and rang the doorbell. There was no going back now.

Nothing could be heard from the other side, the man beginning to think that they weren't home and prepared himself to make the awkward walk back to his car. Then the lock on the door clicked. Wil's eyes trailed from the floor up to the door, his circular glasses perched nicely on his nose and the stitched-up scar on the right side of his face (which segregated his eye away from the rest of his face and almost looked Frankenstein-y) was very visible. He had gotten that one a few months ago but he couldn't remember how.

"Wilbur" A sweet and soft voice called out in surprise. Her ocean-blue eyes were wide and her face was full of shock as she stared at the man. "You're here"

"I am"

She looked just as she did back in high school. Long, soft, wavy, salmon hair which always flowed perfectly down her back, a mix of pale and tan skin that always shone in the sun. A brown bandanna looped through her hair, keeping her face clean of any hair and wore a gorgeous flora, blown sundress which flowed down to her knees. She smiled softly, her cheeks pink as always. She motioned for him to come inside, the drug dealer not wishing to make her mad and accepted the offer.

The home was just like any other modern family home. It was exactly like what he used to live in growing up. Pictures lined the walls, Wil couldn't help but smile at them. His eyes focused on a boy with the same salmon pink hair as his ex, his eyes widening. Sally walked over and smiled.

"Michael"

"My... our son"

"Yeah," she nodded. Wil stood up straight and turned to the woman. He had forgotten how short she was, him being 6'3 and her 5'2.

"Is he here?"

"No, he's with Ace at the moment but they should be home in a few minutes. Did you want to stay and wait?"

"If you'd let me" Sally smiled up at the man and nudged to head, urging him to follow her. The two entered the kitchen, the woman's bare feet pattering against the wooden floor. She never was one for shoes.

Even after their brutal phone call, the two fell into a nice rhythm. They fell into an easy conversation and reminisced about the old times and their relationship. Sally told the brunette a few things about Michael and how he had Einstein syndrome so he shouldn't expect many words to be uttered by the boy. She also explained how he was born with anophthalmia meaning he had one eye, not that Will cared.

Michael was his son and he would love him no matter what.

"Hey, can I ask?" Sally looked up from her mug of tea. Wilbur nodded his head, urging for her to continue. "Why did you break up with me?"

"Oh-"

"Whatever you say is fine, I'm happy with Ace. It's just something I never knew"

"Yeah... sorry about that... I promise that I did love you and it wasn't all jackshit, y'know? I was just—" He sighed, avoiding the girl's eyes and suddenly found his mug interesting. "I'm really attached to Tommy, and I know that you know that but it's worse than you know. I was more unstable back then so whenever anyone spoke ill of him I would just drop them. Now that I look back on it, you weren't saying anything bad about him and were just voicing your own thoughts. You were just asking for me to spend more time with you. I'm so sorry, Sal"

"Hey," she laughed, the man scrunching his eyebrows together and looking at the giggling girl. "Sorry, I just find that cute. You're this big notorious drug dealer who kills people for a living and you're still attached to Tommy. That shows real loyalty, Wil" Her soft voice explained. Wilbur smiled at the woman.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot"

"It's more like two actually but, why didn't you tell me about Michael and am I going to be able to be in his life?"

"I..." Sally sighed, playing with one of her rings. "I didn't tell you because when I found out I was pregnant, my parents kicked me out. I had to stay with my older brother and his girlfriend. I lost everything, including my phone and I didn't know your number. I was a scared sixteen-year-old. My brother helped me raise Michael while I finished school and trained and I met Ace at a sports event I was competing in— that's not the point. I didn't know how to contact you but then, I ran into Rhianna at the mall and she gave it to me. Said it was still active but she didn't know for how long, I dwelled too much and thought I lost my chance when you missed my first two calls." she explained.

"I was busy, sorry"

"You're fine" she nodded, tracing her finger around the lid of the cup. "I think we were both just upset and fearful when we fought over that call."

"Sorry for calling you a bitch"

"Sorry for saying you couldn't meet him" They both laughed, Sally, smiling at the man. "But to answer your second question; I'm happy for you to stick around. I've spoken to Ace and she's agreed that it's just fine with her as long as we don't get roped into your business"

"You won't be. I'll keep you three off any files, radars, anything I can get my hands on"

"Thank you"

Wilbur nodded his head, a smile on his face. The front door clicked open, a little boy running through it with a girl in dirt bike gear. The number '21' on her back with maybelline blue hair that cut off at the base of her neck. A boy in blue overalls and a striped jumper running into the room.

Wil smiled at the boy, his heart exploding at his cuteness. Sally picked up the boy and walked over to Wilbur, Ace staying quiet as she watched the scene unfold. Michael looked at Wilbur with a big, wonderous eye.

"Hi buddy, I'm your dad"

"Dad!"

"Yeah, yeah that's me" The brunette reached his hand out for the boy, who looked at it before placing his own tiny hand in the much larger one.

——————————————————————

Words: 1,242

Michael makes his appearance :D

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever