࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

I still love you

╚ ———————————— ╝

TW// mention of suicide attempt, child abuse/neglect & mentioned homophobia

Sam removed his gas mask as soon as he was far enough, standing in the overgrown and dry grass fields on the property. He looked out at the hills, watching as birds flew around. He dressed smartly; a green jumper with a white collared shirt underneath and blue jeans. His gas mask, which was a dark army green, was clutched in his right hand. He wore it, not to hide his identity but to hide what was underneath and from a certain someone.

As much as he loved the officer, he couldn't bear to look at him. His shit stain of life had finally gone in the right direction after he met Ponk, he planned to break away from crime and steer his life in the right direction.

But then he was sold out.

The moment he had gotten the news from Corpse, it was too late. His house had been stormed and destroyed. He was thrown into custody and never got to say goodbye to Fran, his beloved snow white dog. He never got to apologize to his family, not that he cared much anyway, they practically disowned him when he was eighteen. He never got to tell Ponk how much he meant to him.

The day he was broken out, he had cried himself to sleep. The man of his dreams was taken from him in an instant. He could never make up for his mistakes, there were too many and had hurt countless people. The green-tipped man could still remember the last time he had seen Ponk. He never saw him when he was taken in and when he asked a young newbie, Antfrost he thinks, was nice enough to tell him why.

"He's too hurt. He's taken some time off"

The guilt had built to the point where he was so close to just showing up at the younger's door and begging to run away together and never look back. They were so happy when they were together, the smiles never leaving either's face.

Sam had taken Ponk on a fun date around the city; dinner, the arcade and a walk around the big park in the centre. The officer had looked handsome that night, Sam's chocolate brown eyes couldn't leave the man. It made his heart ache.

Never would he get his happy ending with the man who owned his heart.

There was a crunching of leaves behind the tall man. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"Hello, Ponkie" His voice was soft, almost as if he raised his voice he would shatter. Sam didn't know if he could turn around to see the man so he remained forward, a dull expression of heartbreak on his usually cheery face.

Ponk shuffled on the spot. Maybe this was a bad idea on his part. Sam had caught his eye and had watched him walk away from the group who were now long gone. When the black car out the back remained he knew it was his former lover.

When he had walked into the old mill the last person he had expected to see was the tall brown-and-green man who had stolen his heart, making him feel like a teenager again. After he was told by his partner, Hbomb, that he had been arrested on multiple accounts he was heartbroken. He could barely function. It tore his parents apart to watch their son be a shell of himself.

"Hello, Sam"

The criminal gave a soft scoff, a ghost of a smile playing at his lips. A crow squawked in the figtree next to them, both ignoring its cries. Maybe it was a symbol of their doomed love.

"Why? Why did you turn to crime?" Ponk's voice was full of pain, wavering at every word. It pulled at Sam's heartstrings, him beginning to fiddle with the filters and elastic of his mask. With a sigh, he looked down at his scarred hands; He had been caught in an explosion at the prison. He wasn't greatly injured but was left with severe burns on his hand and the lower right side of his face. He hated his face.