࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Contact and new
Friends

╚ ———————————— ╝

The blonde groaned as his phone rang again. He looked at the clock, 3:08 am. Who the fuck calls at that time? He turned over and saw his phone screen light up for the fifth time in the past two minutes, it was some random number. Punz had had enough, quickly, he grabbed it and pulled it off the cord, answering and slamming it against his ear and about to tell the caller to shove off and stop calling him when they spoke instead.

"Luke?" The voice was a whisper, almost as if they were trying to not be caught. The blonde's heart stopped. That voice...

"Grayson?" His voice was shaking.

"I'm sorry, I never should have run away but I need your help... please-"

"Yeah! What- are you okay?"

"No..." his voice was breaking, almost as if on the verge of tears. It was clear that he was scared. Punz's fight or flight kicked in, now sitting on straight in his bed and his free hand looping through his hair as his stress for his younger brother became even more unbearable. "I need help getting out... I-I'm stuck and I want to come home"

"Tell me how to help you"

"I... I don't know... but I can be your spy, give you info while you try to find me out? Please..."

"I'll talk to Dream but I promise no matter what happens, I WILL help you" His voice was adamant.

It was eight months since he had seen his younger brother, it was shortly after their mother passed away due to heart cancer. Punz took on the guardianship of Grayson, and the two never got on that well before which ultimately caused the blonde to run away.

There was a shaky sigh from the teenager on the other side followed by a loud and creaky door opening.

"I have to go- Don't call me, I'll call you." His voice was more hushed and rapid

"I love you. Stay safe"

"I love you too, Brother"

The phone beeped, signalling that the call had ended. The blonde sighed into his hands as the phone fell onto his lap, he pulled at his hair as his mind ran around in circles.

Is Grayson okay? How can I get him out? I need to help him. I need to save my brother.

Knowing he won't get any more sleep, he pushed the sheets off his legs and headed out to the kitchen, not switching on the lights. He grabbed a glass and poured himself some water, trying to clench his dry throat and mouth.

──────────

"Let me get this straight" Dream paced behind his desk before taking a seat. Punz sat in the chair across while fidgeting with his phone, he refused to leave it in case his brother called.

It was about 6 am and the blonde hadn't slept since the call. He had come in early because he knew that Dream would be in his office as usual. All the desks were unoccupied, one which sat across from Punz now clean of all the belongings but a computer. It was a painful reminder of the partner he had lost, now a memory as the once mute boy was sleeping forever in bliss.

Niki was set to return in a week and would be on desk duty for another two before going back into the field. She understood and was fine with it, Puffy working with Ponk for the time being while his partner, HBomb, was on a holiday with his family.