࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Not so Funny Now

╚ ———————————— ╝

Now they have done it. Ranboo was pissed and there was no going back. Tommy was in the infirmary barely breathing— not even when they had found him. Harvey snapped into action the minute they found the boy leaning on a tree and hadn't rested since, and Tubbo was even more unstable because of it. Ranboo was the rational one, usually trying to stop his best friends from doing anything they would regret but now, he was the one behaving to be held back.

Boo hadn't even seen his blonde friend yet, the thought of seeing him hooked on devices terrified him and he knew the moment he saw the scene he would break down on the spot. According to Tubbo, who had visited Tommy the minute he was given the okay, had told the heterochromia kid that it was horrible to look at. Even worse than the incident, at least they knew he'd survive that. The thought of losing Tommy all because he was picking up some lunch and driving around the city angered them.

So, Ranboo turned their blind anger to another victim; Puffy.

Ever since Ponk had told the trigger-happy teen everything he needed to know, Tubbo was working nonstop to figure out a plan and had managed to rope in Ranboo, Jack Manifold and Foolish. Turns out, the two brothers wanted the same thing; revenge against their mother. The officer had no idea what was coming to her.

The plan was simple. Ponk would give Puffy an address because the officers still believed he was on their side, and when she got there, her sons would confront her and if Tubbo was feeling generous maybe he would let her live... with an injury of course.

Now, with Tommy's car in shambles and the hands of the police, they were down one beauty of a vehicle so they would have to resort to Tommy's other car; a Black Audi TT. The blonde wasn't as fond of the car as he was his McLauren but that wasn't an option. The brunette swiped the keys from his best friends room, guilt flooding him as he stood in the doorway. The rest of the Watsons were either by the blonde's side or working to find the officers who chased the poor teenager.

Tubbo let loose a sigh as he reached for the knob and closed the white door, leaving the room as is and leaving. His black boots tapped against the floor as he headed for the elevator and paused as he waited for the metal death contraption. A smile appeared on the teen's face... now that was an idea.

The teenager's style had changed a bit since the truth was revealed to him. He stopped tending to his hair and let it loose on his head; the locks now being fluffier than Ranboo's. A green flannel, white shirt and jeans— the usual but now he always had a weapon either on his waistband or in his boot. Usually, he wouldn't walk around with one. His burns were more prominent since he stopped tending to them, thinking that trying to heal it even in the slightest wouldn't do him any good.

The doors opened and with an ounce of uncertainty and a cup of determination, Tubbo stepped inside. He was going to get revenge for everything that has happened and he wouldn't hesitate.

──────────

Jimmy smiled at himself in the mirror. He had to do that a lot lately and it was always forced. It wasn't that he was unhappy or hated his job, it was just the fact he hated how close he had grown to Punz. The blonde had let him in and told him everything that had happened with his younger brother and that told him enough to know the younger man trusted him. A sigh escaped the blonde's lips as he latched his badge onto his uniform and turned to the door the head outside.

Every time he stood a foot in the building, he felt guilty but what else can you do when your uncle asked you to spy on the police? It was his job as a spy to do these things. When Jimmy had said he was excited about the job and had trained his whole life, he meant it but not to be an officer. Finally, his uncle let him out in the field after his training with his cousins. Turns out Scott and CPK didn't know their old high school friend as well as they thought.

The car roared to life as the blonde turned his keys and pulled out of his parking spot. How do you think Corpse knew about the prisoner transfer on the day of the trade-off? And that injury from Teddy? It was a planned one so Jimmy could get time off without any suspicion and get his next orders from his uncle. Jimmy was a master at his work and he knew it.

The blonde had purposely tampered with evidence and got away with it. When Punz and Jimmy went to the old port and found Joey Graceffa, ol' Jimbo worked his magic and made the files the man had on him disappear and reappear in the hands of his cousin. Now, having Ponk on his side made things a little more difficult because if the man got found out, the blonde ran the risk of it also. While his uncle may not be mad if he was discovered, Jimmy preferred to stay hidden and gather as much information as he could.

Jim just felt bad he was involved in the car chase which caused Tommy's accident. He wanted to run and join his side to make sure the teenager was okay, pull himself off of the case but that would be the first red flag and he knew it. So he had to battle it out and fight his urges, so what did he do instead? He ratted out the exact people who were involved in the car chase to Wilbur and Techno. They forgave him for being involved, knowing he meant no harm by it and just got dragged into it but it still hurt to know that Jim was involved in their younger brother's state.

The blonde man pulled into a driveway, passing down the passage and into a car park, which was abandoned since it was 7 am and everyone was either working or sleeping still. His eyes set on a familiar set of figures, he slowly pulled up, pulled down his window and turned off his car, getting out and smiling at the men.

"Mr Gaming" Wilbur smiled, welcoming the man into an embrace. It had been a while since they saw each other in person. Jim chuckled lightly, nodding at the pinkette and turning his attention to the blonde.

"Jimmy, nice to see you in person again" Phil tipped his head slightly, the bubbly man smiling happily. The younger blonde reached his arm through the window of the passenger door and opened the glovebox, picking up a yellow folder filled to the brim of papers and photographs.

"As requested, all the officers who were involved in Tom's accident and their personal information." Techno took the folder and flicked through it, humming.

"Puffy? Oh-ho, Tubbo will be excited to hear that one" The monotonous man chuckled grimly. Jim tilted his head out of confusion but shook it off as he gathered he'd find out sooner rather than later.

"Oh, by the way-" The three men looked up at the 'policeman'. "-Scott's been poking around Ranboo and trying to get contact with him. He managed to succeed but Ranboo told him to bugger off and to leave him be, apparently he defended you guys after Scott's attempts— either way, he's not given up so be careful. I don't want Ranboo getting pulled into something he doesn't want. He's a good kid"

"He is. I'll talk to him" Phil nodded. He looked up at Jimmy and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Proud of you"

"Thanks, Uncle Phil"

——————————————————————

Words: 1,356

Did you see the hints? I've been hinting this since chapter 4 :))

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever