࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 64 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Bench Trio

╚ ———————————— ╝

"Tubbo!" Tommy called as he swung open the door to the brunette's bedroom. Ranboo stalked behind him. Tubbo looked up from his laptop which was resting on his lap, taking his eyes away and looked up at his two friends.

Tommy's need for a wheelchair was in the past, the boy having the ability to walk around just fine with a small limp. The blonde didn't seem to mind and was happily flaunting his scars. Ranboo grew concerned over the number of jokes the youngest of the trio would make over nearly dying. Everything was practically back to normal though.

"Tommy!" The brunette called in response. Tommy froze at the end of the green and black plaid bed. He frowned.

"You're mocking me"

"Nope" The boy lied, shaking his head slightly. The blonde looked up at Ranboo who only smiled in response.

"Fuck you."

"What do you two want?"

"Tommy wants to teach me how to drive so we can drag race!" The duo-haired teenager responded, trying to hide his excitement. The youngest of the group nodded his head with a sly smirk.

"Did you wanna come?"

"Sure. Let me save my work and I'll meet you in the car."

"Lame."

"Shove off, dickhead!"

──────────

Tommy kept pointing at these different things. It wasn't too hard for the memory boy to memorize but Tubbo's commentary in the backseat was the worst thing to come of the event. The brunette wouldn't stop narrating and backseat driving; it drove Ranboo crazy. They were using an old parking lot which was hardly used by the public since the new parking garage was built two years ago. Tommy wasn't too upset about using his new car to teach his friend all he needed to know. It was still a red McLauren.

The blonde was given the all-clear to drive a week after he was allowed to walk around and he knew the first thing he wanted to do was teach one of his best friends how to drive. They had always been so concerned over the drug business and other jobs that the lessons always got pushed to the back of all of their minds. Sam and Wilbur had both offered to teach the split-haired kid but Tommy was adamant that he was going to be the one who teaches his friend.

Ranboo let out a shaky breath before putting the car into drive and slowly pushing his foot down, pulling out of the lot and onto the road. After having been at it for two hours non stop, Tommy thought Boo was ready for the open road. Just to keep the police off their asses, Tubbo had placed the L plates on the front and back. They didn't need the anxiety of the police on their tail.

The roads were pretty empty, the trio being on the quieter and more rundown side of town. It was completely full of criminals and pretty dangerous. Only a few weeks ago, Fundy had been threatened at knifepoint whilst walking to meet Bee for an assignment, the furry only smiled before digging his own knife into the person's side. Ranboo quietly cruised down the street-- actually, quiet was an understatement. Ranboo cruised down the street listening to his best friends bicker about the best way to kill an individual.

The tallest of the trio was never one for violence and was only recently beginning to show signs of losing his sanity like the rest of the syndicate but he was happy to listen to them fight. Driving wasn't as hard as the teenager thought it to be and adapted pretty quick. After watching Tommy race and speed all over the city and beyond for years, they didn't feel too scared to use the roundabouts and indicate to move lanes and turn.

Tommy was pretty impressed if he was going to be honest. He wasn't shy about complimenting his friend on their efforts. Tubbo was pretty surprised; he thought his roommate would be a pretty shit driver. The anxious enby turned into a busier road and joined in the traffic and took the change pretty well. The youngest Watson son watched his friend's fluent movement.

"Are you sure this is your first time driving?" Tommy asked with his mouth slightly parted. His icy blue eyes darted from the tall teenager to the road. Ranboo laughed as he braked to a stop at a traffic light.

"Yeah, I never took up anyone else's offer."

"How are you so fucking good?! It took me at least a few tries to even THINK about going onto the road."

"They're just better than you, Tommy" Tubbo sniggered from the backseat and he leaned his head onto the headrest. The brunette had chosen the middle seat like the psychopath he is. The younger blonde turned to the sadistic teen and scoffed with offence, placing a hand over his heart. Ranboo only laughed. "I'm not wrong! Look at them, they could probably beat you in a drag race"

"Oh God, Tubbo, stop!" The memory boy begged with a smile and a shake of his head. The other two joined their friends' laughter and the atmosphere became one of warmth and security.

Tommy connected up his phone to the BlueTooth and hit shuffle on the trio's collaborative playlist. Redesign your logo by Lemon Demon began to fill the air, Ranboo not hesitating to start belting out the lyrics. The clingy pair only smiled at their best friend, the blonde letting out his loud laugh.

It wasn't very often this group got to have time like this together. Back when they all came together their days were filled with moments like this but ow times were harder now that they were older and had more responsibilities. It was easier then, Phil not wanting to send fourteen and fifteen-year-olds into the heat of battle-- he still didn't but he had no choice anymore.

When moments like this came up the three reached for them like no tomorrow. This year had been the hardest out of all the years. It all began when Wilbur sold a blonde girl some drugs not realizing she was the sister of a training police officer. When they found out she died, while Phil felt some remorse, they got over it and continued with their business. If they had known that her brother would be back to haunt them maybe they would have acted more.

They've almost lost Tommy twice, they were betrayed twice, Quackity lost his fiances, Tubbo became even more unhinged, Wilbur found out he had a son, Techno lost his best friend and the voices only got worse and Ranboo was beginning to lose himself.

Everything around them was crumbling as it grew. Time was a dickhead and Ranboo always hated him (He uses the Alice through the Looking Glass character as his reference because at that age it seemed right to him). The tall teenager had a crap life, always waiting for his mothers to come back as they promised. The letters stopped when he was seven.

Their one goal was to find their mothers again.

As the song came to a close, the view of the club came into view. Ranboo didn't know how to park. Tommy managed to catch on quickly.

"Go down to the garage and I'll direct you. I trust you."

Yeah, maybe life was crazy for them but at least the friends still found ways to make time for one another and enjoy life to its fullest. After all, you never know when your time is up...

————————————————————————
Word count: 1,276

Some benchtrio fluff for the heart <3 ;))
A few chapters to go.

Feedback is welcomed!
Don't forget to vote!

-Ever