࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

The Ghost of his Past

╚ ———————————— ╝

TW// Derealization & talk of and attempted suicide

He hadn't slept since she left him and yet, it didn't even feel like she had. He constantly heard their voice ringing through his head, the voice that once brought him so much comfort was now mixed in with the ones that told him to kill his own baby brother. What was worse: they told him to hurt Tommy. It felt like the ultimate betrayal yet he couldn't blame them, she was just a voice in his head that got mixed in with the other demons. Why couldn't she rest?

Abby was in shambles, she had no one but Techno yet he could never care for a kid. For the first time since his arrival, Techno was glad Sam was on their side. He took in the kid and gave her a home, taking charge as he gave her everything she needed to survive and be happy. It was a good thing the ten-year-old already trusted the man otherwise it could've made the situation worse and Teddy always hated complications.

The pinkette's father had benched him. Told him to rest and grieve instead of taking on new orders and he hated it. He felt weak.

"You know what would make you strong?" Teddy's voice echoed as Techno ran a hand through his hair. God, if he weren't so against putting drugs into his body he may just inhale as much weed as he could to drown out the voices. Maybe he should listen to his twin brother for once.

"Go away, Teddy"

"You don't mean that Tech" They sneered. The eldest son stood up and grabbed a lone white singlet that was hanging on the back of his desk chair and tugged it on. The scars on his back disappearing underneath the fabric. She was right. He didn't mean it— he just wanted his best friend back.

"Please..." His voice was weak as he closed his eyes, his fingers mindlessly playing with his many golden rings on his fingers. God, he was weak.

He could almost feel Teddy's breath on his neck, scared to open his eyes in case she really was there. He couldn't bear to face the one person he failed. Techno felt a hand brush his bicep, the spot where a scar had formed from a sparring match with Wilbur two years ago. It was a nice memory as horrid as it sounds; the brunette had lost control and dug a pocket knife into his older brother's shoulder. He felt bad but Techno assured him that he was fine and felt no pain. Which he didn't.

The man let loose a shaky breath as he slowly opened his eyes and turned to look on his right. A figure of a person sat beside him, slowly reaching up as they combed a hand through the pinkette's long strands. Tears pricked at his brown eyes and threatened to fall. God, he was a wreck.

But who wouldn't be when you see your dead best friend sitting next to you with the same emotions they held every other day. Their caring eyes watching as the man reached his head up and rested it on their cheek, a faint smile falling into place on their face. Never did Techno think he'd seen the face of his best friend again and yet, here she was. All the emotions he had bottled up all threatened to spill— he could only hope his father and youngest brother weren't home. He knew Wilbur was on an assignment with Elaine and Ethan.

The girl let a soft laugh escape their lips and pulled away from Techno's hand; the man hated how much he missed the touch. Maybe it was the fact he would never be able to hug her again. Fuck. Even in death, they looked happy. Part of him wished it was real even for a moment. He wanted to apologize for mixing her up in his mess.

"Stop that" The dead girl deadpanned, Techno's eyes trailed up to meet the figure. They knew exactly what he was thinking— of course, they did. "You're not to blame for my death. I chose to join you and even encouraged it"