࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 ࿏

╔ ------------ ╗

Past and Breaks

╚ ------------ ╝

Tommy paced his room. What was he gonna do?

Techno hated him even more now, Phil was beginning to helicopter parent him and Will was always there. It was beginning to stress the poor kid out. It was times like this he wished his mother was still alive, he would often find himself talking to photos of her or sometimes sneaking out at night to go to the cemetery where she was buried- even if he had to break in.

He would sit and talk to her. Tommy never got to know his mother like his brothers, who were five years older than him. She had passed away when the blonde was only four and the twins were nine, he didn't understand the concept of death and would often ask his father "When will mummy be home?" and that would result in Phil breaking down but not because of his son's inability to understand that she was never coming back. It was the solemn fact that she never would be home again.

Tommy suspects that that may be the reason Techno began to have a hatred towards his younger brother.

The pinkette began to show dislike towards the young boy from age ten. The smallest things that Tommy would do would irritate him, the first sign was when the three brothers were home from school, their dad at 'work'.

──────────

Tommy scratched the pencil on his page, none of the numbers making any sense to him. He wanted to do it on his own because he was a big man but he was struggling too much. Wilbur was on the phone with his dad in a hushed conversation like he was hiding something.

Techno sat on the lounge with a book in his hands. He was a smart kid for his age and way too mature; he had anger issues and lacked showing emotion to the point where even his family struggled to identify his expressions. Tommy's hands pulled at his blonde locks in frustration, schoolwork was hard and he hated it. Even at age ten, he already knew he would be dropping out the second he got the opportunity, he had a feeling he wouldn't last till graduation.

Tommy side-eyed his oldest brother and debated asking him for help, Techno and him weren't that talkative to one another, it was always Wilbur who helped the younger one but he was preoccupied at the moment. With a sigh, he turned his head and tilted it back as he opened his mouth, Techno flipping the page over.

"Techno?"

"What?" The pinkette demanded plainly, his voice wasn't mean but sounded annoyed. Techno adjusted his glasses as he continued to scan his dark brown eyes over the page, his book read 'The Art of War', a weird book choice in Tommy's opinion.

He cleared his throat before speaking again, he had a sinking feeling he wasn't going to get the help he was seeking.

"Could you... um... maybe help me?"

"Why?"

"Because I don't understand" He explained softly as he played with his pencil between his fingers and shifted on the spot. Wilbur hung up on their dad and turned to his brothers, walking over and taking a seat on the lounge behind the blonde.

"Then pay attention in school"

"Oh..."

"Techno, why not just help him?" Wilbur asked, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. His round glasses slowly slipped a bit down his nose but he seemed unbothered by it. The older of the three huffed loudly and rolled his eyes. He shut his book and glared at his twin who had confusion on his face.