࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

The Ghost of His Past

╚ ———————————— ╝

TW// Derealization & mentions of suicide attempts

"He looks so peaceful"

"Not now, Teddy"

"Why not?" the ghost said, brushing the comatose boy's blonde hair out of his eyes. Teddy was right, however, Tommy did look peaceful. For the first time in six years, he slept without having to worry about invaders or police— even if it wasn't his choice.

When Techno had gotten the call from his brother, he was with Wilbur in the lounge room and the two had run out of there almost immediately. They grabbed Harvey and jumped into Tommy's Audi, following the tracking app to the highway between L'Manberg and Hermit and finding their baby brother leant up against the tree struggling to stay awake. Since Teddy's death and Techno's attempt, that was the first time the man had cried for his brother and felt real fear.

Then, when Tommy's breathing ceased, the pinkette felt panic flow throw his body. Harvey jumped into action and the minute a faint pulse was found, they shoved the boy into the car and sped, literally, to the club and straight up into the infirmary. Phil, who was in a meeting with Quackity, had left the meeting as soon as he got the call and the casino owner understood completely— joining the blonde's side as they rushed to the injured boy.

"Because this is important"

"He's not even real, Techno-"

"Stop that, Sad"

"None of this is real!" Teddy exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air as they looked at the pinkette; who refused to meet the eyes of his best friend. Ever since Techno's accident, he's been seeing her everywhere and he tries his best to ignore her but their constant throwing around of needing to die didn't help in the slightest.

"I told you to stop that. You can't fool me."

"Do you not trust me?" They pouted, folding their arms over their chest. The older of the pair finally looked up to meet the hollowing eyes of Teddy, a sigh escaping his lips as he shook his head.

"Not this version of you"

Sad scoffed, an annoyed expression on their face. Technoblade was smart, that was a given. While, when Tommy found him, he wasn't in the best spot he knew better than to listen to the ghost of his past regret. While she appeared to him in her normal state and clothes, he was yet to see them change to how they looked after being shot and he dreaded the day. He wasn't ready for that but yet, he had a feeling it could happen today.

Ignoring the second presence in the empty room, Techno trained his eyes on his baby brother. Brushing his hand over top Tommy's and placing it on top. He watched as the blonde's chest raised up and down slowly, an indication he was at peace and was well; the monitors beeping and the IV's working to produce a healthy teenager in the end.

Wilbur had told his twin that the minute Toms woke up he would be overwhelmed, having happened when he woke up from his past attempt. The brunette had said that Tommy woke up in a fright and the machines, bright lights and people caused him to go into a panicked state so, a max of two people was allowed in the room with Harvey and when the blonde woke up, he could have more. Everyone thought it was fair and cooperated with the system.

"Don't you ignore me, Technoblade"

"Too late" The pinkette's fingers brushed over Tommy's knuckles, a louder breath escape the boy's lips. According to Harvey, Tommy had shown signs of waking up within the next two weeks.

"Technoblade..." They warned, their voice becoming a bit echoey and raspier.

It was happening.

Techno lifted his eyes from his unconscious brother to the ghost, a horrifying scene in front of him. His eyes widened as he looked at the rotting corpse of Teddy Meyers. Blood poured from their chest where the bullet had dug itself and her skin was falling from her, rotting away with maggots coming from her mouth when she opened it. He hated this.

"Never ignore me-"

"Stop this, please" He begged, his voice only just showing emotion. The past month had been too much for the usually well-put-together man— he usually wouldn't admit to his struggles and would just ignore them, leaving them for another day when he felt better equipped to deal with them. Teddy haunting him, whether it was actually her or not, was his breaking point.

And the fact that they also had the nerve to touch Tommy in his state angered him. Technoblade had seen a lot of figures growing up but none had been able to interact with his objects or touch him—even if the interactions were just his imagination and his items weren't actually moving in the real world. He had lived this way his whole life.

Techno had been diagnosed with ADHD and Schizophrenia when he was an infant but it didn't start to develop until after his mother passed away; he started seeing her everywhere. But unlike Teddy, she was a warm soul and smiled at her oldest son and guided him. When he turned thirteen she disappeared and he never saw her again— hollow demon figures in his place as they whispered in his ears: "Kill Tommy".

Teddy was another story— he thought she could be his saving grace but he was sorely mistaken. She was just as much as a hollow demon as the rest of them and his eyes were looking at the proof. Their appearance would forever haunt his dreams and he knew it. He looked at the vision, a silent beg escaping him through his eyes as he watched them reach for Tommy.

"Don't touch him" Techno snapped, standing out of his seat and hitting her hand away. The ghost's head snapped up— black, hollow eyes boring into Techno as he grew with fear. He awaited the inevitable— it was clear that Teddy could hurt him so he waited for the scratches and gashes.

What he didn't expect was for his father to walk through the doors and snap him from his hallucination by placing a hand on the pinkette's shoulder. Techno looked up at the blonde with wide eyes and pain as Phil looked down at the seated man with a small frown. Wordlessly, the father of three brushed his hand through Techno's hair, the younger melting at the touch as Phil rested his hand on the hitman's cheek.

"You're alright" He whispered gently, Techno leaning on his father for support, the blonde man wrapped his arm around him and held him close. His brown eyes trailed up to where Teddy was but her figure had vanished and Tommy was left undisturbed with Techno's thumb still grazing over his knuckles. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked back up at his father, who was looking at Tommy and rubbing his hand up and down the pinkette's opposite arm.

"I saw her again," The monotonous man said quietly. Phil hummed in acknowledgment and looked down at the pinkette. "They were touching Tommy... Sad got angry because I was ignoring them and I snapped"

"Hey, you're okay and Tommy's okay. You're both here and real, alright? They can't hurt you"

Techno nodded, watching his thumb graze over his baby brothers fingers as he slept peacefully. The minute Tommy woke up he was going to be a better brother and be there for the boy no matter what the voices told him.

——————————————————————

Words: 1,278

Not very happy with this chapter ://

Dude, I was sick as yesterday:(( I had a breakdown at university on Thursday after a nausea wave due to stress and I guess my body's finally had it with me. I slept for 36 hours with only waking up like 4 times for 5 minutes. Mannnnnnnnn

Teddy: Sir_I_am_sad

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever