࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 53 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Awaken... Part II

╚ ———————————— ╝

"Tubbo...?"

Tubbo froze, his hand ghosting over the doorknob as he took in the raspy and croaky voice. It took him many moments to process what had been said. Time slowed. He sucked in a deep breath. His hand dropped to his side, hanging freely as his eyes widened. He suddenly felt cold, his complexion going pale as he processed whose voice that was.

It wasn't feminine. It didn't sound like Ranboo, or Jack, or even that of Jimmy. Another shaky breath escaped the burnt boy's lips as he turned around, eyes trained on the tiled floor. Slowly, he lifted his eyes— they felt heavy as he dragged them up.

Staring back at him was the one person he had wanted to laugh with, hug and see smile. A blonde with messy hair, a weak smile and glossy crystal blue eyes— a bandaid across his nose like always and a plaster on his cheek. Every day, Wilbur replaced the bandaid because Tommy hated the scar— he knew he would want to hide it the minute he woke up.

He had his eyes squinted slightly because of the bright lights, Tubbo shaking his head slightly before reaching over to the light switch and flipping it off to help his best friend. Tears pricked at his eyes, one falling down his burnt cheek and he practically ran over, taking the blonde into a careful hug. A soft giggle escaped the older teenager as he let the tears fall.

"Ow," Tommy muttered, Tubbo quickly and gently pulling away. His friend still had the smile on his face as he held the side of his stomach with his right hand. He motioned for his best friend to help him sit up, the other half helping him gently. "How are you, Big T?" His voice was soft, his vocal cords probably hurting from not being used for weeks and his throat sore from a tube having been shoved down it to help him breathe.

"How am I? Dude! How are you? Do I need to get Harvey—"

"I'm fine— ouch. Lil' sore but it's nothing" The younger teen croaked out with a chuckle, his voice still raspy. Even when he had experienced death, he still found a way to smile and laugh.

"We were all so worried..." Tubbo frowned, his voice going soft. Tommy's smile fell slightly, a sigh escaping his cut lip as he reached his unharmed arm— the one without bandages and tubes— up to the brunette and brushed a piece of hair out of his eyes before taking it back and resting it in his lap.

"I'm okay and alive. I'll be right." His eyes scanned the room, noticing no one else's presence. He slowly looked up at Tubs, who was sitting back in his former seat but closer. "Ranboo? How're they?"

"Not great," He said flatly. "He was here with me but he left in tears. They've barely slept or eaten, couldn't bear to come in here because seeing you like this scared them shitless. Really thought we'd lose you"

"..."

"They'll be okay"

"In time..."

"We just gotta help him with that"

"Yeah" Tommy cracked a small smile and looked up at his best friend and brother.

Tommy's eyes wandered around the room. Once again he was back here but this time it wasn't his fault. Mans just wanted some food. His eyes found a clock, he could barely read it because of the darkness of the room; the only light was the lamp on his bedside that the brunette next to him had turned on. He was pretty sure it said something between 4-6 am.

The blonde turned back to the shorter boy, who slowly looked up to meet his eyes in return. He bit his lip, debating if he should ask now or wait. Oh, who was he kidding? If Tommy Watson was one thing it wasn't patient.