࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 59 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Oopsie Daisy

╚ ———————————— ╝

The sudden whispers of his co-workers scared him. Everyone avoided his eyes and didn't dare to look at him. Now, anxiety was something that wasn't his thing but the amount that ran through his veins was suffocating. He played dumb, typing away at his computer filling out reports of the arrests that he and Punz had completed from the prior day. The other blonde was yet to arrive, Jimmy wasn't sure if it was his mind or not and he really needed some assurance.

He decided to test the waters, see how his fellow officers would react and speak if they were presented with a conversation topic from him. He just had to think. What was a good enough reason to start a conversation? The blonde looked up from his computer and scanned the room, pretending to see if Punz had arrived yet.

"Hey, Goose?"

"Y-yes?" The blonde man responded, his fingers tapping against the keyboard in front of him. They weren't typing. It was nerves. Goose was nervous. Jimmy kept to his act and smiled his usual warm smile.

"Has Punz arrived yet? I wanted to get a head start on our patrol today but I haven't seen him just yet."

"O-oh." Goose sucked in a breath, his partner, Lazar, side-eyeing the other officers as he spoke. The blonde looked at the Australian man, who only shrugged. "I-I haven't, m-maybe he's late?"

"I see... Thanks, Goose" The man stood up, picking up a stack of papers that needed photocopying and walked over to the photocopier. It was in the corner, away from everyone and hid ever so slightly behind a wall that blocked people who sat at their desks.

Jimmy began to copy the pages slowly, trying to take as much time as he needed. He bit his lip and kept his guard up. His charade was up and he knew it. He needed to contact Ponk and tell him to stay away and alert his uncle of the news. He needed to get out in the most inconspicuous way possible. Clearly, Dream had put the entire police force up to the task of keeping him in the dark while they found a way to arrest him. They needed proof and Jim was sure they didn't have it yet otherwise he wouldn't have stepped foot in the door without being shoved to the floor.

The blonde put his back against the wall, pulling his phone from his pocket and going through his contacts. Niki, who was in the kitchen speaking to Eret and Elaina, kept glancing over at the older man. He just pretended not to notice. He clicked Ponk's contact, shooting him a quick message.

Jimmy
Stay Away! Do NOT come in.
I'm pretty sure I've been found out.
Do not come here!
Read 09:56 am

Ponk didn't respond but he could only imagine that the man was alerting the others. One down, one more person to go. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Alyssa move from her seat in a suspicious way. Dream could be heard in his office speaking to Scott and CPK. He guessed he had five minutes max to get out. The blonde quickly scrolled back to the top of his contacts and tapped the first Watson name he saw.

Mr. Gaming
I've been found out. I need help in an escape.
How quick can you or someone else get here? I don't know how much time I have, maybe five?

Mr. Soot
Shit.
Bee and Fundy are nearby, I've alerted them
and they're on their way. Is there a way you
can get out?

Mr. Gaming
I could run for it but Eret is blocking the
elevator with their partner. I'm guessing
they're all waiting on Dream's count
Wait.
There's a window I could jump from
onto a roof. Would that work?