࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 ࿏

╔ ------------ ╗

Monster

╚ ------------ ╝

"Freak!"

...

"Just die already!"

...

"Why are you so freaky?"

...

"Monster!"

...

Ranboo jolted awake, his eyes wide and chest rising up and down with his heavy breathing, sweat beads forming on his forehead. He took in a deep breath, calming himself down as he ran a hand through his spilt hair.

They knew they wouldn't get any more sleep.

He looked at his clock. 5:38 am. He closed his eyes and sighed, pulling his blankets off of his body and shoved his socked feet into the bunny slippers on the floor. They avoided the mirror; they already knew they looked like crap, they had just woken up for god's sake.

He wore an old oversized shirt that was decorated with a planet and astronaut and plain grey trackies. He padded his way out to the kitchen quietly so as to not disturb the sleeping Tubbo and Foolish in the other two rooms. The last thing the split-haired kid wanted was a grumpy Tubbo.

Ranboo picked up a glass cup from one of the top cupboards, dunking it under the tap as he turned it on. He watched as it slowly started to fill. His green and grey eyes trailed over to his hand, pale splotches of skin leading up his arm. A sigh escaped his lips, turning off the sink and taking a sip.

The water burned against their dry throat, a wave of relief crashing over them. His mind was empty, choosing to block out the words that had rudely woken him from his slumber but one thing lingered...

They were right.

──────────

The hallways looked lonelier but maybe that was just him. All the kids avoided the boy as much as they could, only coming looking for him when they wanted a punching bag. The boy was covered in scars from many injuries they had sustained from the other children. All he was to them was a monster, a freak of nature. He just waited for his parents to return for him like they promised in all their letters, but why hadn't they come yet?

Noah walked around with clothes that could cover his skin as much as it could; even in summer. He usually resorted to a black hoodie with one red stripe down the sleeve and a green one down the other, it made him feel less conscious about his eyes. The side with his grey eye, and the one with the red stripe, was paler than his other side. The two different tones of skin met perfectly in the middle, only a few splotches crossing over. The left side of his body was paler than his right.

They barely spoke, usually being silenced by the workers and other children. The brunette had never left, no one was interested in a selective-mute boy that looked different from every other normal kid. It had been twelve years and he only had one friend, her name was Leah- an older girl from his school. They spent a lot of time at her place and would crash in their basement, which was a practice space for the older girls band. The Major's were always so welcoming to the boy and never questioned him, he guesses they assumed he had problems at home.

The twelve-year-old often found themself alone whether it be inside the homes' boundaries or running away and around the city. No one ever cared if he ran because he always came back, usually getting punished for his attempts to run. The boys he roomed with were the worst, he barely slept in fear that they would drag him out of bed and ridicule him. Noah was always full of fear, he never had a reason not to be.