࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27 ࿏

╔ ------------ ╗

Relief and Grief

╚ ------------ ╝

TW// Suicide attempt

Karl stirred, Sapnap holding his hand gently. The brunette had been doing well and was recovering nicely. He would end up having a few scars both mentally and physically but the ravenette knew Karl was strong. He had barely slept, the nightmares and memories of the basement keeping the librarian awake. He was scared he would wake up and he'd be back there, alone in that dark and cold basement with his own blood dripping down his face, arms and torso. Scared that this was all a delusion and that when he opened his eyes he would be faced with Phil or worse... Tubbo.

The teenager terrified Karl. He was too eager to harm the boy and would constantly talk about how he would be the one to put a bullet into his brain. The brunette would talk about the different ways he would murder the young adult.

Tubbo talked about strapping a bomb to Karl and sending him into the precinct during the day which would ensure more casualties, even talking about sending him back to his house when Sapnap was home. He even built a bomb in front of the librarian, laughing as he would put the wires into their designated spots.

The worst of his injuries were mental, but physically, it was his lack of hydration and nutrition. Karl was on a drip and was only having liquids which included liquefied pudding and ice cream. He just wanted a good meal made by his fiance, who kept promising him that once he was able to he would make him anything he wanted, but his body rejected any solid foods he tried to stomach.

While physically, Karl was doing great, mentally; he was doing shit. He already knew he would end up in therapy to deal with the trauma but he wasn't objecting. The brunette didn't want to be alone, always having some sort of contact with Sapnap whether it was hand-holding, the other's hand on Karl's thigh or linked pinkies. It kept the brunette grounded.

Karl's eyes fluttered open, his brown eyes scanning over the room making sure he was still in the hospital. He sighed in relief as he laid his head further into the pillows, it wasn't the comfiest but anything was better than the basement. Sapnap opened his own eyes, not having been asleep but only resting, and pushed himself up slightly. He gripped his lover's hand and leant forward, brushing the older boy's cheek gently before standing up momentarily, kissing Karl's forward causing the injured boy to smile.

"You alright, babe?"

"I'm perfect"

"How are you feeling?" Sapnap asked, placing his free hand on top of his other hand which held Karl's. The brunette turned his head to look at his favourite person. He was beyond happy to be next to him again, even if he was bound to a hospital bed for a while. He was looking at two, possibly three weeks before he could go home to his home in the country.

He just wanted to go home. Sapnap had taken a few weeks off work, Dream happily giving him the time off, to care for his fiance. Even when he managed to get home, the librarian would be bed bound for one more week, the only exception for him leaving being his walking exercises. Many injuries and being bound in a basement made his legs feel like jello. He could barely stand on his own.

"I feel fine, don't worry about me, love" Karl cooed, placing his free hand on the Texan's cheek.

"This is all my fault-" The officer started, his head falling to look at his lap. His voice was laced with pain and guilt.

"Stop that. I have told you so many times-" His voice being serious and a soft smile on his face. "This is not your fault and you need to stop saying that. You-- or anyone else at the precinct-- are not to blame. If anyone is to blame it's those who hurt me. Now you listen to me, Nick, if I hear you blame yourself one more time, I may be injured, but I will slap you and knock some sense into your head"