࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

One step closer

╚ ———————————— ╝

"Noah Enderian" The caretaker at the orphanage repeated for confirmation. Scott nodded, trying to hide his irritation. That was now the second time she had repeated the teenager's name and it was annoying, all he wanted was information. That was why he was even here in the first place.

The redhead turned to the computer at the reception desk, typing in, what Scott assumed was, the boy's name. The officer looked around the small room, a door off to each side. He could only assume that one led to a room or office and the other to the rest of the building where the children were.

He watched as a girl ran past the door, her appearance through the glass only lasting a moment, two boys chasing her appearing and disappearing. Dark oak panels covered the walls, the building almost seeming victorian. It was definitely old, maybe as old as the precinct. When Scott had pulled up, he took notice of the run down walls and withering garden, guilt flooded his system. All these kids had no parents and some never will while the officer grew up in a loving and accepting home.

The blonde had grown up with an orphan, another boy who was his age. He was a nice boy who always brought a smile to everyone around him. Even though his situation was bad, the blonde never let that get to him and Scott always admired that about the boy. After high school, he completely cut contact with everyone around him. Scott was pretty upset when he heard that Grian was wanted on a few counts of murder and for association with the Sleepy Boys.

The strawberry blonde boy who always wore red and a smile turned to cold-blooded murder. He dreaded the day the boy would be brought in. It sucks how many officers knew people before they turned to the other side, whether it was a schoolmate or best friend, sometimes even family.

Puffy found out her youngest son was none other than Toby Smith, or Tubbo, who was also known as 'Atomic', the L'Manberg bomber. It broke her when they identified the boy as her missing son. She had lost both of her sons, one being part of the syndicate while the other had completely vanished.

Scott was snapped from his thoughts by the receptionist opening her mouth, her annoying voice irritating the officer more. He just wanted to be done with her, to be honest.

"Seems like any information on that boy was deleted which shouldn't happen... are you sure you have the right place?"

"Certain"

"I'm sorry then but we have no data of that boy"

"Karen!" A faint voice called, the redhead gave the blonde an apologetic smile before making her way into the left door and away from eyesight.

No wonder her name was Karen, she was a pain and Scott had only spoken to her for fifteen minutes. He wasn't surprised she was the receptionist.

The Scottish man was about to give up, the only leads he had found were all dead ends. One lead was dead and the other was the deleted files, it seemed that whoever knew the boy was gone, either the caretakers left or the children all turned eighteen. A sigh escaped his lips as he ran his hand through his hair.

Scott turned to the door and picked his phone out of his pocket and searched for CPK's contact, once again it was a dead end. All he wanted was to help the boy but even that turned out to be an impossible task. A door creaked open, the blonde ignoring it, assuming it was Karen returning to her post but he was wrongly mistaken when a deep and calm voice spoke up, snapping Scott away from his phone.