࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Preparations

╚ ———————————— ╝

Punz slapped the table in front of him gently, all the officers in the room turned to look at the blonde with their full attention. He had the best of the best in the room, anyone he could rely on. Women, Men and the in-between all sat and stood around the room, Dream and their sergeant, Eret, stood in the back, they would be joining the frontlines. This was too big for them to lose. Niki was back on the lines, her recovery now over and stomach completely healed. She seemed more determined than ever to bring down the Watsons. Jimmy sat in the front row, listening to his partner he had grown fond of and quickly learned was a jokester, which he admired.

The blonde cleared his throat and stood up as he made his way to the podium. He never had to do this before, usually their captain, sergeant or Puffy making the moves. He placed a sheet on paper with teams and tactics in front that the blonde and his partner had discussed with Eret on what they thought was best.

"As you all know, my little brother, Grayson, has reached out and is desperate to come home but as a trade, he had traded information and acted as our spy for the past two months. I've received intel from him that four days from now, a big deal will be happening between the Sleepy Boys and Vurb's gang. They will be trading weapons stolen from our army and we cannot allow them to get them. I have the time, address and all else needed. I have selected the best of the best officers to go into the field and bring us home a Watson"

Everyone listened intently, no one dared to interrupt him as he explained the plan and the teams. They all were more determined than ever, even if they only came out with one of the Watson sons, they would take it as a win as they could use that to their advantage.

Dream knew that getting Tommy would be the best course of action because when he got riled up he could end up spilling everything and that could be a win. He was known for running his mouth, any amount of anger or cockiness could get them what they finally needed to bring down the empire and Tommy Watson was that key.

Within an instant, they went from losing Wilbur and Tommy twice within the same day but now, here they stood with a plan and a spy in their ranks. They were all hesitant to trust the teen who had called but he gave them an opportunity they couldn't turn down.

"Let's catch ourselves a Watson son!" Eret's deep voice boomed as they yelled for encouragement, other officers cheering beside them.

Dream nudged his head to the door, Punz acknowledging him and gesturing for Jimmy to join them outside. They followed after him, heading into his office away from everyone else, a few people heading back to their designated desks.

The three men took a seat, silence covering them like a thick blanket as Dream leaned back and smiled softly at the other two blondes. For the first time in a while, the smile was genuine, the two officers feeling a sense of pride for making the man who had struggled for so long to be happy, smile.

"Good job, Luke, I have no words for you except a Good Job, you're a good man. Even if we come out with one person, it will be because you, and you Jimmy, worked your asses off to get us here. Proud to call you officers of the 78th Precinct." Their captain spoke with sincerity, Punz and Jimmy smiled, even if the newbie-beat cop was new, he had been working his hardest to help his partner. Many sleepless nights later, and it was going in the correct direction. He hoped...

"Thank you, sir!" The brit chirped up, Punz nodding.

"Let's catch ourselves some criminals"

──────────

Tubbo picked up his pistol, a smile across his face as his eyes twinkled. It was a gorgeous black with green highlights, a small gift from Tommy for his birthday last year. He shoved it into a small pocket inside his green jacket which was designed for the firearm and then turned towards the AK-47 that was laying on top of a barrel, it was a basic black with some gold and green accents. The brunette lined it up and loaded it, pointing towards a cobblestone wall of the warehouse.

"Don't get ahead of yourself too much, Tubbster" Tommy laughed as he shoved his gun into a holster that he had on his waistline. Tubbo turned around with a smile and dropped the AK to his side, rolling his eyes jokingly.

They turned back to the crates, the blonde pulling the lid back onto one with the help of Bad, who was helping set people up for the fight. Ranboo walked in, a knife flicking around his fingers. He only did that when he was nervous. Tubbo took notice of the taller teens shaking and fidgeting and made his way over, placing the firearm on top of the crate so his hands would be free. The brunette grabbed Ranboo's hands, causing the knife to drop to the floor and barely missing the combat leather boots of the shorter boys. Blue eyes met mismatched as Tommy made his way over, placing a hand on the taller ones back in a calming manner.

"Please don't get hurt. I have a really bad feeling about this" Ranboo's deep voice explained, a clear sense of fear in their voice. Tubbo smiled softly and tightened his grip on the fingerless gloved hands of his best friend.

"Don't worry, Boo, we'll both come back to you" Tommy nodded to the brunette's words. Ranboo's breathing shuddered slightly before nodding.

He believed them, never once had neither lied to him, they never felt the need to. While Ranboo was very anxious and always on edge, they trusted them wholeheartedly. They always avoided the field as much as they could, preferring the behind the scenes stuff and only ever getting involved if they needed to pick up a drop with Tommy and Tubbo. His first experience in the field was when the police chased them up the cliff bridge, since then he's had more close calls than he would like.

Wilbur walked into the warehouse, Techno and Foolish beside him. Purpled was yet to be seen and Charlie was out preparing his car. Bad nodded to the men with a smile before making his way out. Wil clapped his hands together, gaining the attention of the teens who were in the middle of the space, Purpled emerging from the shadows. Tommy shooting his daggers of glares.

"Alright! Charlie is fueling his car, Tommy, your car is good, yeah?"

Tommy nodded.

"Perfect, well men, grab your gear and prepare. While Vurb is a trusting ally, we never know if cops will show up or not and if they do we will be laying a lot of heavy fire. You will be shooting to kill, no mercy. Understood?" Wilbur spoke like a true leader. He was a born leader and while if anything were to happen to Phil, even if Techno was the oldest, the leadership would go to Wil. He was made for a life like this.

Tubbo and Tommy nodded at the older brunette before turning and looking up at Ranboo. Smiles plastered their confident faces. They held a lot of courage which the tall teen strived to have.

"See you on the other side, Bossman!" Tubbo waved as he began to follow Wilbur, quickly swiping the AK-47 off of the crate in the process. Ranboo waved at his friends as they smiled back at him and left, following Tommy's brothers towards the vehicles that would be driven by the blonde and slime boy.

Ranboo's eyes followed them through the roller door and around the corner, not moving until their figures disappeared from his peripheral vision. His mismatched eyes slowly moving down towards the small pocket knife on the concrete floor he had nearly dropped on Tubbo's foot. They were lucky they had leather combat boots. He bent down and picked it up, holding it steadily in his hands.

He took a deep breath and looked out the open garage door, a shiny red and a bright green car following each other passing by and onto the road. The brothers in one and the others in the other.

"Please come back to me... brothers."

——————————————————————
Words: 1,441

Major foreshadowing in this chapter... or maybe two ;))

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever