࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

Repercussions

╚ ———————————— ╝

Tubbo placed his hand on top of the bandaged hand of his best friend, who was sleeping peacefully. Machines beeped and tubes were connected to his arm. Thanks to Jimmy, the brunette now knew his mother was involved in the speed chase that knocked his best friend into a coma, nearly killing him in the process. So it was decided...

He was going to kill her.

"I'll be back, Toms. Promise" he whispered as he slowly and reluctantly let go of the blonde's hand. Keys jingled in the teenager's pocket as he headed out of the infirmary and down the hallway to the elevator.

Today was the day he was going to get his revenge. Revenge for Tommy, revenge for Foolish and revenge for years of unneeded abuse. The years of torment that the boy went through could've been avoided if Puffy had just gotten over herself and never gave up a child who could barely defend himself. The system was fucked— life was fucked and it only angered Tubbo more.

──────────

Puffy followed Ponk's direction, if his intel was correct, her son would be here and this could be her final chance to apologize to him. The regret of leaving him behind was something she'd lived with her entire life, every day the brown-and-white-haired woman wanted to go retrieve her youngest son but she knew she wouldn't be able to raise him. He would've hated her for not being around just as much as Noah did.

One day, nearly three years later the woman finally got the courage to go bring her son home; make up for all the lost time and care for the boy but when she showed up at her older brothers door, he shut her out. Shlatt forbade her from seeing her son. The two got into a fight, Puffy left empty-handed and her brother moved houses; never telling her the new address.

She lost her brother and baby, losing her other son a few years later because of constant bickering. Noah was angry, and rightfully so. Puffy had lied to her son for years; letting him believe he was an only child and lying about other things to keep him safe. The minute the ravenette had found out that he had a brother, he began searching for clues and when he came up empty-handed, he approached his mother.

Noah and Puffy ended up screaming at one another and that night, he left. She never saw him again.

Of course, the woman tried everything to find him; Dream helping her while he was still training because the two were best friends. Losing his younger sister and best friend in the same couple of months was a big hit on the blonde. After four, nearly five years with nothing; Puffy was left alone with barely any hope for her family.

Her husband, Jordan Sparklez was an officer as well and had been her best friend growing up. The two met in the high school library when Puffy was a freshman and he was a junior. They became close almost immediately and a year later, they ended up falling in love and having Noah during Puffy's final years in police training. When Noah was born, the two got married shortly after and had Toby five years later.

The day Jordan died Puffy's world came crashing down on top of her. Shlatt, who wasn't a drunk back then, took up the job of helping his younger sister through her loss and helped take care of her five-year-old and three-month-old sons. He had seemingly grown to love Toby, prompting Puffy to have no other thoughts when she had to make the difficult decision to give up her baby boy.

However, if she knew that Shlatt would've shut her out of his life completely and abuse the boy to the point where crime and murder was his only thought of escape pained her to the point where she couldn't get herself to sleep. Maybe if Puffy could bring him into the light, she'd be one step closer to bringing Noah home.

She circled down a street, a feeling of uncertainty running through her as she approached the supposed area her youngest son would be. Ponk didn't tell her any specifics, only that he caught wind of a meet-up; she wasn't sure who would be there or if she would even make it out with her life.

Voices echoed down an alleyway, a certain voice of a teenager catching Puffy's attention. She took in a deep breath and prepared herself before turning the corner and clearing her throat. If Dream knew what his officer was doing he would probably suspend her. Four figures turned to the woman, her being about to identify all but one.

"Puffy!" Jack chorused, a smile on his face. Ranboo straightened his back and glared at the woman. She remembered Scott saying he was a nice kid, she had no idea what changed because every time the lanky teenager has been seen they were very timid and in the back.

This proved to not be the case in this circumstance.

"Nice of you to join us!" Manifold finished as Tubbo stepped forward with a ravenette. Neither looking pleased in the slightest. The bald man and tall enby walked behind the split-dyed woman and grabbed her arms, her letting out a small noise as she was pulled closer to the teenager and adult.

Jack's eyes were unreadable due to his 3D glasses, a signature thing he wore, but his lips curving into a sick smile told Puffy all she needed to know. Her head snapped to look at her son and the mystery man who— Noah?

The officer's mouth dropped slightly as she looked at the ravenette, who wore a white dress shirt, black dress pants and a black vest with a grey shark hoodie that rested atop his head, the teeth of the animal surrounding the hem of the hood. Brown eyes stared at her, the same brown eyes that she used to see every day.

How could she be so stupid? Of course, her oldest son had run off and join with the enemy but how did she never find out? Noah Sparklez was never in the police database as a criminal but as a missing person. This didn't make sense, how did he manage to dodge any recognition?

Foolish stepped forward, Tubbo giving him a quick side-eye as he crouched down to be face-to-face with his mother. Even after four years, she still gave him reason to hate her. He smiled, Puffy getting an uneasy feeling from the boy as he spoke.

"Hello, Mother. Did'cha miss me?"

——————————————————————

Words: 1,126

To clarify; I am NOT shipping the Captain and Puffy. It is for this storyline and this storyline only. Thank you.

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever