࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 67 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

The Past Always Catches
Up to You

╚ ———————————— ╝

This was such a bad idea on Tommy's behalf. He was just enjoying a peaceful day walking around L'Manberg park, trying to get some calm before the storm in a weeks time. Everyone was so hellbent on training, checking their weapons and other minor details that the boy just needed to get away. He looked through some nice stores, found some cool-ass trinkets for his friends and family and got some lunch; sitting at the park and enjoying his pie.

If you're ever in L'Manberg, you've gotta go to the bakery. They make the best pastries in the entire city and never fail to wow someone. They are by far Tommy's favourite treats and always makes sure to go buy something from them. They don't seem to mind serving a criminal either; always having a pleasant chat with him. The owners, Pearl and Gem are wonderful.

Now, when he sat down to enjoy his pie-- not that he had already been eating it while walking-- he didn't expect to be interrupted by his name being called out. His first reaction was to sprint for it and not let the police catch him, no way was he going back into the little cell to await juvie but when he looked up from his food in fear, he didn't expect to see them.

Who are them? Well, that would be Eryn Cyberonix, Freddie Badlinu and Beautie Slyther. His old friends.

His breathing picked up and they paused in front of him, looking down at what looks to be the shell of their old friend. Tommy wasn't the same Tom they knew three years ago. Not much had changed about them physically, maybe apart from Beau's split hair and the fact that they all look physically older and taller.

The blonde sucked in a breath as he stood up, placing his pie on the seat next to him and looked at Freddie, who was standing right in front of him. He gulped slightly and forced a tiny smile.

"Heyyyyyy guys..."

"What the fuck?" Beau yelled, her anger at the boy's ghosting coming full force. "Three years and all you have to say is "Hey guys?" are you fucking mental, Thomas?"

"Imagine our surprise-" Freddie began, the younger boys eyes moving from his female friend to his half-inch taller friend. "-when we think our good friend, Tom, has moved but then about what...?" he looked either side of him at the other two. "Three months later we see Wilbur's face on the news and then yours about a month after that? Marking you as a criminal and then last year becoming public enemy number one?"

"Listen- Guys-"

"You've had time, Tom" Freddie continued. "We don't care that you break the law. Couldn't give a single fuck, okay? It's the fact that you ghosted us for three years... and don't think we haven't noticed you watching us sometimes."

An exhale of defeat left Tommy's lips and he looked down at his feet. The past finally caught up with him and it was way worse than what he expected but then again, how did he expect this to go? He ghosted his childhood friends after fifteen years of friendship and left them with no explanation other than his face plastered on the news and his name circulating the internet as a wanted criminal.

Great one, Tom.

"Why didn't you at least extent an invite to us?" Eryn asked, his voice was laced with the slightest bit of hurt. The blonde looked up with mild confusion.

"What?"

"Wanted to join ya, you know how shit my family life is. Would've joined you faster than the road runner could outrun the coyote"