࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 ࿏

╔ ———————————— ╗

The Trade-off

╚ ———————————— ╝

Elaina helped the blonde out of the car and gripped his arm with a tight, but not too tight, grip. They walked with Skeppy and Ponk ahead, Eret beside his partner and the remaining four behind them. The old mill was deserted, the only sign of life being the officers, the kid and a crow's nest in the big fig tree that broke a branch into the frail wooden walls of the building. Nature was taking back its land, only just a dirt path leading towards a broken door frame.

Skeppy walked through first, the others following behind.

Upon entry, they were met with the faces of nine guys, some of whom the cops thought they would never see again. Skeppy's breathing hitched as he laid eyes on his best friend, who wore a scowl and twirled a throwing knife between his fingers. Bad hadn't changed. He still wore that stupid black hoodie with two devil horns on the hood, the cop had bought as a joke for him a few years back.

Ponk kept his eyes to the ground, refusing to meet the eyes of his old lover. Sam wanted to run over and take the tan man in his arms but they were on different sides and, like Romeo and Juliet, they were never meant to be. The former warden's heart ached. Oh, how he loved the officer with all his heart and how much it hurt to never feel his touch again.

Scott's eyes found the face of Ranboo. Now recognizing the kid. CPK came up behind the Scottish man and placed a hand on his lower back to usher him forward. He did know the boy. His sister used to have a friend with heterochromia and vitiligo before he ran away from his home, never knowing it was an orphanage. He basically lived at the Major's house growing up. How could he have not seen it before?

Sapnap's eyes fell on two boys. One being Karl, a beaten mess at, who they identified as Toby Smith's feet. The librarian looked horrible, blood stained his purple jumper and light brown hair, drained of any light that once filled the excitable boy. The other being Alex, the leader of the Las Nevadas Gang and the former fiancé of the cop. The ravenette he devoted the rest of his life to crime, ultimately leaving the cop and librarian behind. Quackity stood smug, arms crossed over his chest and black suspenders over a white dress shirt, a big scar now making its mark on the left side of his face, his lip having been torn open to reveal a part of his teeth and gums.

Wilbur watched as Eret and Elaina dragged Tommy inside, taking a step forward as his brotherly instincts came over. All he wanted was to protect his brother, who looked awful by the way.

"Tommy!" His voice called, Phil ready to stop his middle child from starting anything unnecessary. The blonde boy looked up from the ground and met the eyes of his family, his heart swelling as he made eye contact with his older brother. A small smile of relief finding its way onto his face.

"Wilbur..." He whispered loud enough for all to hear, his words breathy. Tubbo picked Karl up by the arm, pulling him up slightly. Sapnap took a step forward, George placing an arm to stop him from doing anything rash.

"What did you do to him?!" Sapnap cried as he looked at his half-dead fiancé. His old lover stood next to the teenager, with no remorse on his face.

"You took my best friend, I hurt yours" Tubbo smirked. The precinct didn't know how crazy the teenager was until two days ago when he created a police chase just for the hell of it.

"You let him hurt Karl?!"

"Yeah I did" Quackity laughed, Sapnap's fists curled. The older of the two looked at his former fiance, a sick smirk on his face. Karl was conscious but remained silent, feeling a sense of fear that if he opened his mouth he would get hit. "I feel no guilt about it"