Chapter 4: A favor

Carlos POV:

Holly had asked me several times about being her plus one for her aunt's party this Friday night. "Come on Carlos, for me please?" she begged with her puppy eyes.

"Holls, there's going to be cameras and probably reporters. Can't you go with a friend maybe?"

"You're my friend" she said, grinning.

"Yeah but you know the type of friend that I am. And meeting family was not part of the plan." I said, leaning backwards to my chair. If I had known she was going to bring this up again, I wouldn't have come to breakfast.

I saw her sulking and I actually felt bad for her at that moment. Holly is not so bad. I like her. "What's the party for again?" I asked.

"It's to launch Modern Fount's latest collection for the fashion column." She said, her eyes avoiding me. Those damn blue eyes.

"Right, magazine firm huh?" I asked, contemplating my decision.

She nodded. I pushed up my shades a little to hide the fact that I was going to regret what I was going to tell her next. "Fine, I'll go. But I'll only be there for a while." I sighed.

"Really? Yay." She glanced at me.

The waiter came with coffee. "Here's your espresso Sir and pumpkin spiced latter for the beautiful lady." He said with a big smile on his face.

"Thanks," I said, taking a sip on my coffee as soon as it landed on my hands. The waiter signalled to the other waiter and he walked over, handing him a newspaper.

"Here's the morning paper and your breakfast will be served shortly," he said, placing it on the table as he walked away.

Capital, front page......again, no one other than Fhallon Tanner. Article titled Harvey Mavis denies role in cover-up, admits abuses by subordinates. I held it up to my face, reading through the first sentence. I didn't want to. I'm not much of a reader to be honest. I'm just not interested in reading. Holly saved me from going through the whole article when she started making conversation again. So I just skimmed through the pages to the end.

"Do you want me to pick up a tux or something for you?" Holly asked jokingly.

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. What are your plans today?"

"I'm meeting my parents for lunch. Day off today so yeah." Holly is a home interior designer and she runs her own little business called Home Heavenly Décor. Her parents run a consultancy firm in which they wanted her to be a part of but she decided that this was what she wanted more. To pave her own path.

"Hogan?" a male voice asked and we turned to find two teenage boys. "Shit, we knew it was you." They said, jumping around and fist pumping each other. "You're our hero, our idol Mr. Hogan. That fight with Maze was lit."

"Thank you," I said, I looked at Holly, who was just smiling and I smiled too.

"Can we have your autograph please?" One of them asked.

"Sure?" I asked standing up.

He turned around. "Here, on the shirt." He handed me a black marker. I signed and then one moved while the other came closer with his back to me.

"Can we also have a photo together?," they asked. Holly offered to take our picture.

"Thanks Hogan. You're the best !!!!" They repeated, enunciating the words as they walked away. "Hogan is-the-best."

"Best friends, cute" said Holly as we settled down to our seats. Just in time for breakfast to arrive.