"it's time to taste those cakes,"

"Cannot believe they're finally getting married," Marsha squeaked to me as we watched closely with admiration Gigi and Daniel walking hand in hand infront of us.

We were checking out the wedding venue. And what a better way to do it than strolling around.

"I know. They look so cute together. I mean it took a long time for our girl to agree to settling down with Daniel, but hey, our girl's all grown up," I made those cute faces and sound that they make in Korean dramas.

Marsha and I were hand in hand also like the two love birds. My mind wondered off to Carlos and I on the desk, by the pool. I tend to think about him more often.

"You know, looking at them, kinda makes me miss him," I continued.

Marsha gave me a genuine look.

"I take it you guys have become closer than ever," she said softly.

"I'd say we are at a better place than where we were before. You know I told you you guys before I did not know what's going on with us, well it's slowly moving - progressing away from that stage. I mean we're not there -" I pointed at Gigi and Daniel, "or where you are" I looked at her, "but it's something."

"Well that's good Fhal. I know you like him, I remember the last time we talked you said you really like him but it sounds like he shares the same feelings as you," she said.

"He does. I mean it's safe to say that now. He literally said that he wants me - us thing to work," I said with so much excitement in my heart.

I could feel Marsha's excitement as her face lights up hearing my story.

"But I do get kind of worry about him when he has his fights," I tone that with sadness and anxiety. "I've never been worried about violence considering my line of work but with him - I don't want to see him getting physical or basically going donw the road of pain.

"What? You need to stop that feeling. He's a boxer, a fighter. That's his life. His job," she advised in a commanding tone.

"I know - I mean I'd watch him - I could but the thought of him getting hit or attack is gut wrenching. But of course I'm not going to stop the guy from doing what he does," I said.

"Good. Just keep in mind if you guys ever get to a more advanced level in your relationship, you would have to show support in his occupation, no matter your opinions about it. That reminds me - what about the whole issue with his dad - is that gonna affect your relationship with him - I mean now it's okay but going forward - "

"We already talked about it - we're just gonna put it aside and not let it affect us," I said

"Okay I'm just saying this because - Fhal, you're only careful about a certain set of words. You're so straightforward, most of the time," she looked at me, biting her lip trying not to say more but I know what she meant. She's a close friend and I would expect the truth from her, nothing less.

I smiled indicating to her that I do love her for always calling me out on things like these - "I know. I know. Thank you - for always saying what I need to hear."

"Hey that's why we have each other, right?" she asked and I nodded.

"He is so big though, and tall and you're - just the opposite. Such a match made in heaven," she teased to take us away from the serious convo.

"Trust me, his height is not the only thing that's big," I laughed and she laughed with me.

"Ooh - Fhallon Tanner - scored," we both laughed so loud.

I nudged her arm. "It's more than that for me - well, atleast that's how I feel - now. No one makes me feel llike he does Marsha, I know it's just starting but I'm telling you - he makes me feel - different."

"Maybe thats a good thing," she tried to assured me that it was going somewhere good.

"Hey," Gigi called out. "If you guys are done being clowns, let'sssss go - it's time to taste those cakes," her Barbie toned voice put a stop to our silliness.

"That's what he said," Marsha said we burst out lauhing again.

"Ooh I looove this," Gigi commented on a red velvet cake.