I could stare at him ... forever

How are you feeling?, he muttered, scanning parts of my body as I sat down on the bed.

Im – uh okay – Im okay now, I hunched in, hugging my knees.

Im sorry you had to go through that Tanner, he said down beside me, eyeing my neck and signal me with his eyes if he was okay to check it. I nodded.

Im fine .. really – its just a scratch – barely, I flinched when I felt a sticky substance rubbed on my neck. Oh, I blew out a breath when I saw he brought in an ointment.

What happened back there? Who were those guys? he looked overwhelmed with my questioning.  He stood up, his hand stroking over my hair. Will talk more tomorrow. Get some rest, he muttered. Goodnight Tanner. His voice was strained.

Carlos, stay please, I realized sooner that my tone sounded begging and maybe it was. I didnt care, I needed someone. Wait, no! Not someone, I needed him. I wound my hands around his arm pulling him close  please,

He didnt say a word. He took off his jacket and crawled next to me, laying his perfect body flawlessly.

We faced each other, watching one another in silence. I dont know what was going on through his mind but not only was memorizing the details of his face, I also wondered if Carlos is really the person that I think he is or thats just the version I see. I remembered he said hed never killed before but tonight  what happened tonight that  didnt seem like a first to me. Almost as if hes used to it. I have all these running through my head and yet still have the guts to lay so close to him, right? Yeah, thats what Im concerned about. I think  my feelings have a turning point now.  He had no problem in this staring contest though. Minutes passed and weariness consumed my mind second by second. But I didnt want to lose sight of his face, those eyes as he looks at me that way. You look really tired, he whispered.

Im not tired, I shook my head but I was. Please dont turn out differently than the person I thought you are, I said tirelessly, letting out a yawn, closing my eyes, keeping this visual image of him in my head.