Chapter 43

I went home thinking about happened. What did you do Fhallon? Fuck fuck fuck. I told myself I wouldn't let anything happen and then I just went and did the opposite. Classic Fhallon Tanner! I didn't like I let my guard down, however I still feel that I do have the urge to go back to him. To continue. I want him. I don't know what's wrong with me but that's the urge I have right now.

I opened the fridge then closed it again forgetting what I was even looking for. Water. Water sounds good. Me talking to myself in my head. I was home, I should stay home. It was almost an hour since I've been home and I was still in my dress. Just sipping on my water, contemplating this non-important matter of my life. Why waste time ? My brain pondered. I realized sooner that I totally forgot my purse at the party because I spent the drive home thinking about what happened. You really have lost your mind! I groaned. I finally found myself a reason to go back to the party and seeing Carlos again. I grabbed a jacket and the next thing I knew, I was already up and out the door.

I found myself at Valentina's birthday party again and when she saw me, she ran to me saying "Yay, you're back. Did you talk things out with my brother?" she whispered, " I think he really likes you." She laughed and I chuckled. "What have you been drinking ?"  I asked looking at her red face.

"Just champagne. I'm a light drinker you know."

"You don't say," I said laughing. "Are you okay though ?" She nodded with a huge smirkon her face.

"Hey, sorry to be a party pooper but I came to get my purse." I said softly.

She looked at me with widened eyes "Oh my gosh, this is perfect. Carlos has it. He went home already. It's just the boys here." Great, I feel like the universe was on my side on my choice to see Carlos. "Go, go, get it from him," she said excitedly. I said goodbye to her and head out the door. I felt like I was living that Parent Trap movie with Lindsay Lohan except I'm the parent in it.

I knocked on his door several times but no one answered. Just when I gave up hope, someone opened the door. I was happy and I had a smile on my face but to my surprise, it was a woman that opened it. The one Carlos came with to Gigi's office event. What did Gigi say her name was again? I asked internally, thinking. Right, Holly something. And boy did she looked like a fucking model. Blonde hair, fucking blue eyes and fucking long legs. She was a bit taller than me. She's beautiful ...... and she was in a shape navy ruched side strappy bodycon dress. Does she always dress this slutty? I asked myself knowing very well, I am not one of those people who shits on other people's fashion styles. She looks gorgeous and she didn't look slutty,  I was just jealous and angry, for thinking something could actually happen. I shouldn't have come. I need to stop putting myself in these fucking situations.  All the wrong signs seemed so right before to only lead me here to the right and final sign. The only sign I should have seen. Stupid me. And fuck you universe with your confusing signs !!!

"Hi, can I help you?" even her voice sounds sexy and she seemed nice.

"Sorry, is Carlos here ? I came here to ---" I paused. What are you here for Fhallon?  "to pick up my purse. I left it with his sister and she gave it to him."

"Oh right, let me just ask him. He's in the shower," she said.

"Wait," I called out to her as she was about to turn and go to him. Maybe you can just grab it for me please. I'm kind of in a rush and I don't want to bother you guys with your night. Please," I asked politely and she nodded with a smile. Gosh can she be mean or rude so it would be easier for me to hate her? "Okay, I'll be back in a sec. Do you want to come in or -----"

"No it's okay ... I'll wait here," I said.

She went in and after a few seconds she came back with my purse. She handed it to me politely.

"Thank you. Have a good night." I murmured.

"You too." She waved as I walked away.

I threw my purse on the couch when I arrived home and headed to the shower. I took off shoes and my dress and I threw that damn dress on the bed like the dress was the problem. Yeah you're only mad at yourself Fhallon. I hear my inner guru rising up to teach me my lesson. You saw this coming. I mean why would he kiss me if he was still together with her? Argh men and their fucking issues.

I turned on the shower and just let the water run over me. I wrapped my arms around me to try and comfort myself. I tried not to think too, about anything. It only just pisses me off more than I already was. I was in there for quite a long time. I dry myself up, put on a pink mini sleeping short and a bra. I was still a bit cold, so I wrapped myself with a robe as I headed to the kitchen to look for some snacks. Found some cheese flavored Pringles and made myself comfortable on the couch, turning on Final Destination. I don't know why I love watching these old horror films. Watching a movie but at the top of my head I was constantly advising myself that this is it Fhallon. No more men right now for you. You don't need this shit anyways. Especially men who don't tell you they were still with their girlfriends.

I heard a knock on the door. My first reaction; being startled. I looked at the time it was 12:45am. Who the hell visits my place at a time like this. A serial killer perhaps ? I tied my robe and head to the door. "Who is it ?" I asked, of course I was scared and that's why I asked first.

A brief silence. "It's me."

Wait, Carlos? I recognized his voice. What was he doing at my place ?

I quickly opened the door and saw him standing there, panting. My heart stuttered. I was enormously attracted to him, but nonetheless more nervous than the first time. I tried to hide that and put on my serious face. "What are you doing here?"