Chapter 36

Salvador recovered quickly than expected. I guess it's because it was just a minor injury but for his age, I got a bit worried about it. He paid a visit to his office yesterday and the day before. I went with him and during those times we were together he would always fill me on this and that about the businesses he has and how all that would be managed by me someday. You're my first born Carlos, he says. Remember that.
I guess because of his condition, I tolerated him but I meant what I said, I would try and put a stop to all this. I also confronted the man at the basement whose name we found out later was Kane. Tried several times time to interrogate him and one of those times, he spat on my face and telling me he'd rather die than telling me shit. I ended up punching him again, which I hate because I didn't want to but he kept pushing my button. I decided not to go down there for a while because I might end up killing the motherfucker.
Valentina and Aunt Rosa came over from time to time to plan Valentina's 19th birthday. Danny has been texting me that I have another match to prepare for. I haven't responded to him or anyone else for that matter. Holly has missed calls on my phone too. Didn't return those calls. A few from the boys, having the time of their lives at my place. I stopped by to check on them and hang for a little bit then come back here to Salvador's place. I already explained my situation and they're okay as long as they see me. All those calls and messages from different people but I only had one person in mind that I questioned why she never called or texted especially after what happened that night. Wow, she must not remember. She was tipsy after all. I don't know why but it's kind of annoying how I'm constantly thinking about her, it was after that talk with Valentina.
Should I have called her or? I wondered. Nah maybe it's better this way. I let Holly go because I was afraid of anything that might get her into trouble. So why would it be different for Tanner? It's not. A flashback of her on me that night, taking the lead. Biting my lip. I shook my head to snap out of that and pulled up the sheets to cover my body, I felt cold. I turned on the television. I watched for a while then the sudden need to hydrate came. I was lazy and tried to get out of bed but I did it anyways. I was bit hungry too. So just washed up my face and brushed my teeth before heading downstairs in my sweat pants and white shirt on. I fill up a glass of water and drank that, then looked around for the butler, who was nowhere to be found. I left the kitchen and walked around to look for butler because I was hungry, it was when I was through the hallway that I heard voices from the living room.
I can hear Salvador, that I figured out first, not the female voice, however, the more I got closer to the living area, the more familiar the female voice came to be. Wait, that's Tanner, I clicked.
"Tanner......Dad.... what is she doing here?" I asked looking at the both of them. I saw her holding her recorder and I knew then she was interviewing him.