"He means well ..."

"Please Ms. Tanner, just accept it. He's just looking out for you," Monica said as she walked past me with a box labelled kitchenware.

"Monica, you don't have to do that. That's what the movers are here for," I sighed following her inside the new apartment that Carlos bought for me.

"Sorry, it's a habit," she murmurmed.

I moved out of Carlos mansion after a week, I was planning to move back to my old apartment but he beat me to it by arranging everything with Monica before I could even have a say in it.

"He didn't answer any of my calls or messages so how am I suppose to get any word across about all of this," I said annoyingly. "He sure doesn't have a problem being in contact with you."

"Because he knows you'd say no." Monica defended with a grin.

"For good reasons," I said, as I looked around the place.

"He means well. Just give him time. Whatever you guys disagreed about, I'm sure you'll sort it out soon enough. As of now, just enjoy the comfort of your new home," I saw she was already putting things into place.

I sighed, making my way out the patio. Whatever you guys disagreed about, I'm sure you'll sort it out soon enough. Monica's words replay in my head. I doubt it. But where can he be? What is he up to?

I spend the whole weekend unpacking and making sure I got everything I needed from my old apartment. Monica and Keil were with me on the days I packed my things from my old apartment. I hovered on that particular spot where a man died from time to time but there's hardly anything there. Carlos's men made sure there was no evidence left. But even without all that, it won't help me forget that it happened. I was haunted by the incident, I was a journalist. I've been writing about murders and kidnaps, about the illegal system and much much more worse than that, but I kept thinking about that because it happened at the place I called home, by the hands of someone that I know. Barely know now I think.

I was ready to just move forward and live my life as I should and focus on more important things like Gigi's wedding which in  three months time.

At the Coffee Club, Tuesday afternoon, Marsha was next to me while the other three bridesmaids sat opposite from us.

"I can't believe she's finally getting married," Marsha whispered to me. "I'm happy for her."

"Me too," I nodded.

Carly, Hanna, Frances. Those are the other three bridesmaids around the table. We've had a brief introduction on our group chat. I know them a little bit since they're close with Gigi. Carly, is one of Gigi's friend from work, Hanna is Gigi's childhood friend and Frances, is family. She's Gigi's cousin.

"Don't forget to stop by at the tailor's for your fittings ladies. When you have the time," I reminded.

We've already discussed details about Gigi's hen's night and everything else there that needs discussing.

"Hey, any update on your love life with Hogan?," Marsha asked.

"I don't know. It's an on and off thing. I get tired sometimes by it," I said trying to avoid the subject and chucking the last of my coffee.

"Don't most relationships start off that way?" Marsha asked trying to lighten up my mood.

"You think?", at this point, I was clueless about what is going on with us. "I don't know Marsh. He hasn't replied, or call me. I mean he's practically ghosting me. I'm not surprised. I seem to have that effect on men," I sighed.

I looked around to check on the other girls but they were busy catching up on their own sharing.

"Maybe he's busy. Who knows?", Marsha said, reaching out to my shoulder.

"That's my point. I don't know anymore. Dating nowadays it's so complicated. It's so casual. I mean, why can't we have men who have manners and use words like Shakespears and Romeo?", my sarcasm never fails me,I heard myself chuckled.

"The system has changes my darling," Marsha said. "You'll figure it out."

I leaned my head on her shoulder as she leaned hers on my head. I sighed. "I hope you're right. Because I really really like him. And at the same time, I kinda hate him."

"That's love for me Fhal. Just hang in there," her pure words of comfort.